Shattered- Chapter twenty nine

After I left Zack's house, I arrived to mine and my mother was already sleeping. I was in the middle of a show, when I heard someone knocking on the door.

Who could be here so late? It's half six in the afternoon. Oh my gosh! What if someone's here to kill me?

I creeped down the stairs and slowly opened the door. Confusion hit me when I saw, "Andrew? What are you doing here?"

I was relieved to see it was him but also shocked.

"Can I come in?"

I stepped to the side and he entered. I locked the door behind me as he sat on the couch while I sat next to him.

"How come you weren't in school?"

"I wasn't feeling too well."

Images of yesterday flashed through my head, causing a light smile to take over my lips.

"Jessie..."

His voice caused me to look over at him. "You're beautiful."

I smiled, even though I was a bit confused as to why he'd just say that out of the blue.

"Thanks."

"And you're funny," Where was he going with this? "and well...I don't know."

He stood up and ran his hand through his hair. "When I'm with you my heart goes for miles. Youre not like any other girl I've met. Jessie you make me happy. You make me laugh and you make me feel as if it's just us two on the world. Daydreams that keep my heart alight are the same dreams that keep me up at night...and that's you. Jessie I can't live without you...I don't know how I ever did. I love you. And i know you wint say it back but I can't just be your friend. Something yesterday made me click. I can't stop thinking about you. I want to to be with you. I don't ever want to lose you."

I was so busy making sure my heart didn't stop that I hadn't noticed that our noses were touching. When did I even stand up?

He took my hands in both of his. "Will you, Jessie Williams, be my girlfriend? Because I know if you're not mine soon, I'll go crazy."

I was on the verge of tears. No one had ever said anything like that to me...ever.

"I don't want to loose you either."

I leaned in and placed a soft warm kiss on his lips. He smiled during our kiss and put his hands on my waist. He slowly pulled away, smiling like a child who was told they could have any candy they choose. "Is that a yes?"

I smiled, enjoying his company. "Well I didn't say no."

"Is need you to say it...please?"

"Yes Andrew, I'll be you're girlfriend."

He kissed me one last time before embracing me in a hug.

"That was and forever will be the sweetest thing I've ever seen."

I turned around and laughed when I saw my mom wiping a fake tear from her eye.

"I just came for a glass of water. Continue continue. Act like I'm not even here."

After a few minutes she left. He sat on the couch and I sat on his lap, my arms around his neck.

"So what now?"

"I don't know. I guess you should leave. It's getting pretty late."

He put his hand on his chest, faking his hurt, "Tired of me already?"

"Maybe."

He scrunched up his nose and I laughed, "I'm kidding. It's just your mom might be worried."

He smiled sheepishly, "Nah. Don't worry about that. I may have already sort of told her I was staying over."

I folded my arms. "What if I had said no?"

He raised his eyebrows, "Right. Like that's possible."

"Don't get your hopes up."

I pushed myself off the couch but Andrew took my hand in his, stopping me.

"Where are you going?"

"To sleep."

"Stay with me."

"You could just come," I folded my arms waiting for him to actually come but he never did.

"Or you could stay," he smiled and I rolled my eyes.

"Or you could-"

He stopped me mid sentence by putting his arms around my waist and pulling me down onto his lap. He put his head in the crook of my neck and smiled. "I'm glad you decided to stay."

I muttered something incoherent under my breath and he laughed.

"I'm uncomfortable."

He let me go and I lied my head down on his lap while his hand rested on my waist.

"Goodnight."

"Night Jess. I love you."

I felt bad knowing I wouldn't say it back. I don't love him like that...at least not yet, I guess.

I felt terrible because if I were in his postion, I'd like the other person to say it back. But I just couldn't bring myself to.