Shattered- Chapter seven

Jessie's POV

I threw the last dart at the balloon and won a small teddy bear.

"Congrats babe." He kissed my lips and smiled.

He still had a black eye, a bruised cheek and a burst lip but he was doing better.

I checked the time and cursed. I was supposed to meet Andrew like three hours ago. He probably thinks I stood him up...well technically I did but in my defense, he did told me not to come. But then again, I did read the messages of him apologizing and saying he didn't mean it.

"Zack. You promised we'd leave before seven."

"Why? So you could go on a date with him? No way."

"You did this on purpose? Zack...he really wanted me to go out with him...as friends."

"Friends? Can't you see it? Are you an idiot? He likes you."

"Did you just call me...whatever. Drop me to Rizzoni's...please."

He sighed but smiled. "Fine. But I'm sure he's gone by now."

"I know he probably already left but I need to be one hundred percent sure."

We arrived at the restaurant and I ran out of the vehicle while Zack waited in the car.

I looked up and down the curb but something caught my eye. A rose? I bent down and picked up the mashed up rose. Next to it I saw words up the pavement.

Andrew + Jessie = Forever.

It was inside a heart. Zack was right. My heart ached for Andrew. How did I not see this before? I should have just rejected Zack. I scoffed to myself, yeah right. A man came out the door and I ran up to him.

"Excuse?" He looked up at me and asked if I needed anything. "Did you happen to see a boy sitting there," I pointed at the pavement, "maybe with a rose in his hands."

He nodded, "Yeah. He waited here for three hours. I asked him if he wanted to come inside but he said he was waiting to see a perfect girl come up to him with a perfect smile or something like that. I gave him a free slice of pizza. Poor kid seemed starved."

Tears filled my eyes and my heart rose to my throat, "Thank you."

I began to walk back to the car but his voice called out to me. "You know what you did was not cool."

I hiccupped, "I know."

I entered the car with the rose in my hand. I placed it against my chest and cried.

"What's the matter babe?"

"Don't call me that."

"What?"

"Drive me home?"

He furrowed his brows, "What? Why?"

"Drive. Me. Home" I paused after each word making sure he got the message.

Silence course through the car and he finally pulled up at my house. I sat there for a while,  contemplating my next actions.

I took his hand in mine and placed a small kiss on his cheek. His features seemed to soften and he looked at me, grinning. "Bye Zack."

His hand reached out and caressed my cheek. I watched him as he did his action. His eyes finally met mine and he leaned in, his lips brushing mine, "Bye, love."

Sometimes I wonder if he's genuinely interested in me or if he's just using me. I know it seems bad and it's a horrible thing to think of him even after he's been so well to me but he's known to be a player and he could have any other girl so...why me?