Shattered- Chapter twenty three

Jessie's POV

I woke up with the worst headache and I knew I was suffering from a hangover. "Here's an aspirin and water. You drank a lot and I mean a lot."

I take the things from Justin's hands and mumble a thanks to him. I look around at my surroundings and it registers that ik not in my room. Well obviously, no wonder Justin is here.

"Where am I?"

"Josh's guest room. You passed out." He walked out of the room just as Andrew stood up from a chair and walked over to me. I didn't want to talk to him, it was clear that he didn't want to have anything to do with me.

I backed up against the bed head, "Don't...just leave me alone."

"Jessie, can I talk to you?"

I look over at Zack one the other side of the bed.

I rub my eyes to make sure I'm not dreaming. Without even hearing a response, Andrew steps out and says he'll be outside

"Jessie-"

"Zack can you take me home? My mom is probably so worried. And why is Andrew here? Why am I here? I should be in my house. I knew I shouldn't have listened to you and come. I have a faint memory about a Bryan...do you know a Bryan? Because I don't think I know a Bryan..."

"Jessie," he says a little more sternly.

"What?" I say just as harsh.

He didn't say anything so I climb out of the bed and grabbed my purse. "Clearly you have nothing to say. I'll be going now."

He grabs my hand and spins me around so I'm facing him.

"Remember what you said last night?"

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah Zack. I totally remeber what I said last night."

He seemed to be annoyed by my lack of co-operation, "When I said I wanna be together and you practically yelled in my face that you didn't...did you mean that?"

"People say things that they don't mean when they're drunk all the time. Don't worry about it."

"But a drunk mouth is an honest mouth."

His words took me to a dark place with Andrew.

"No its not...not all the time."

"Yeah it is. When you're drunk you say what you've been holding in for a long time without thinking about the repercussions. You've wanted to tell me that for a while now haven't you?"

"What? No."

"You're lying!"

"What is your problem? I just thought we were friends...very close friends...who may or may not kiss every once in a while."

"I knew you had a thing for Andrew. I just thought maybe you could have moved on from that. I thought that maybe you could put our past behind us and you could see me as a normal and nice person."

"Who said I didn't? And I don't have feelings for Andrew. Even if I did that isn't really your business is it?"

"Whatever. Just let him take you home. Goodbye, Jess." He walked out if the room leaving me standing there, alone.

I didn't know how to feel, I was numb, maybe because of the hangover, void of all my emotions. I was so confused, I didn't even know what to do next.

"Jessie...hey."

"Just drive me home because if you're expecting me to talk to you, you're living in a dreamland."

I push past him and wait for him by the car. He respects my wishes and stays quiet for most if the car ride, even though I didn't want him to talk at all...guess you can't always have your own way.

"The only reason I was a complete ass to you was because I knew everyone was right. Without you I was going back to my old ways. And I knew I'd hurt you again if we made up."

"You don't know that."

"Yes I did Jessie."

"So you moved on?"

"Not...purposely."

"What do you mean?"

"Jessie...I can't tell you."

"Why not?"

He ran his hand through his hair and over his face multiple times.

"I just...I can't."

He pulled at my house and kept his eyes trained on the road.

I open the door to his car and part of me secretly wants his to call my name and just tell me that it doesn't matter and I want him to express his feelings for me. He may not have feelings for me and as much as I don't want to admit it, I may have for him.

I open the door and thankfully mom isn't home but I know when she arrives I'll be in for the longest speech of my life. I think about calling Amanda over because I know she's always there for me but on the other hand I feel like calling Hailey.

I feel like Andrew's dating her for some reason. Does she have dirt on him? Is there something I don't know?

I decide in the latter.

Hailey arrives and I want to smack that stupid smile off her face. She leans in to hug me and I roll my eyes while hugging her. I pull away and put on the best fake smile I could muster up.

"Hailey. Hey, I've missed you."

"Oh my gosh really?"

Ha! You wish you stupid bitch. "Yeah. Um, come in."

She sits on the couch and I sit on the single seater across from her.

"So how's your relationship with Andrew going?"

"Great," she smiles.

"Really?"

She nods and picks at her finger nails.

"Hailey?" She hums, "Do you love him?"

Her head snaps up to look at me and she smiles, "Yeah of course."

"Does he love you?" I raise my eyebrows challengingly.

"Without a doubt."

I nod. "Jessie why am I here?"

"I told you...I missed you."

"How come Amanda isn't here?"

"Okay you little bitch. I swear if you ask me one more question I'll rip your tongue out."

She gasps and I myslef am shocked with my choice of words. "Why are you and Andrew together?"

She opens her mouth to say something but I put my hand up stopping her, "If you say because it's love, I'll kill you."

She stand up and heads towards the door.

I know I'm being a little nosy but I'm curious as to why I can't have Andrew all to myslef.

I was shocked at my own revelation of thoughts but I couldn't help it.

"That's none of your business! Why do you wanna know anyways? I love him and he loves me!"

She slams the door after she leaves and I sigh.

I never liked her anyways.