Chapter Four

Please don’t kill me! That is all I have to say cause I have to get off my laptop NOW! I’ll add something in later! :) xx

Vote and Comment! 

___________________________________________________________________________

Jenna POV

I walked out of the lecture hall, taking a deep breath of the fresh air. The professor had talked a lot, and since I needed to pass the class to be able to graduate (eventually) as a design major, I took notes.

I was halfway home by the time I remembered to check my mobile. It had vibrated near the end of class, but since I had gotten to class late, and therefore had to sit in the front, I couldn’t check the message. And the professor hated mobiles of any kind—I don’t think he even had one of his own!

I pulled out my mobile, and unlocked it.

1 New Message From Harry Styles

I blinked multiple times. Did it really say that? Harry and I hadn’t spoken in years; he had gotten busier, and more famous, and we eventually stopped speaking.

I sat down on the bench outside my building, and opened the message.

From: Harry Styles

Hey Jenna! I was wondering if we could meet up for lunch to catch up? Meet me at Olive Garden at 1? Xx

I did not just read that. I did not just read a text from Harry Styles, asking me out for lunch.

I took a few deep, long breaths, before typing my reply.

To: Harry Styles

It’s great to hear from you again Harry! I’d love to go out to lunch. I’ll be there! X

My newly manicured finger hovered over the send button for a few moments, before I shut my eyes tightly, and pressed the send button.

“Oh shit.” I said, staring at the screen.

‘Why did I just do that?’  I thought.

Harry wasn’t that cute guy with big dreams that I had met at the X Factor auditions anymore. He was a worldwide sensation in one of the biggest boy bands in the world, and had millions of girls running after him, screaming his name and asking him to marry them.

“Jen?” I heard a voice ask.

I looked up. It was Becca. She had shopping bags in hand, and sunglasses perched on her perfectly styled blonde hair. A concerned look was etched into her features.

“Oh, hey.” I gave my mobile one final look before stuffing it into my bag.

“Why are you sitting out here?”

“...I felt like.” I replied.

“We both know that that’s not true.” Becca smiled. “Come on. I have chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and Sunchips. We are in desperate need of a gossip session!”

I smiled. This is exactly why Becca is my best friend. She always knew exactly what I needed.

As I opened the door to the flat, my mobile vibrated again, and I felt my heart race when I saw the words on the screen.

1 New Message from Harry Styles

I unlocked my iPhone, and felt my breath catch as I read the message.

From: Harry Styles

That’s great! See you soon, love. Xx

I couldn’t help but let a smile work its way onto my face as I read the message and my heart fluttered.

No, no, no! We’re only meeting up because we’re old friends! Friends. Nothing more!’

“What’s with that smile? Oh my God. It’s a guy. Oh my God! Tell. Me. Everything. Now.” Becca demanded, quickly dropping her bags on the counter and dragging me to the living room.

She plopped down on the couch. “So spill it. We can get snacks later.”

Should I tell her? This is my best friend and my roommate. She can read me like an open book. There’s absolutely no way in hell I’d be able keep a secret for her.

I took a deep breath. “Harry texted me.”

I stared as her face switched through many different emotions; shock, excitement, awe, more shock.

“Oh my God. By Harry you mean Harry Styles. By Harry Styles you mean THE Harry Styles, the superhot singing superstar in One Direction. Oh my bloody God.” She squealed.

I nodded my head slightly, a faint blush spreading over my cheeks.

Becca kept ranting. “Oh my freaking God! You’re going on a date with Harry—“

“Its not a date.” I interrupted, “It’s just lunch, you know, to catch up.”

“To catch up my arse. Guys like Harry Styles don’t just call up girls randomly to go out for lunch.”

“He’s different.”

“Whatever you say, love. Just guard your heart; I don’t want you getting it broken.”  

“It’s just lunch!” I insisted.

“I’ll get some snacks; pick a movie.”

She left the room, and went towards the kitchen, signalling the end to our conversation.

I thought about what Becca had said. Why had he texted me, in the first place, so out of the blue? I hadn’t really thought about it, when I had first received the text. Now that Becca had brought it up, I was thinking about it.

He was Harry Styles. He could any girl he wanted, so why text me, Jenna Matthews, some girl he met two years ago at The X Factor and hasn’t spoken to in ages?

Stop it Jenna. You’re over-thinking this. Go to the restaurant in an hour and a half, and have fun!’

Oh shit.’ I thought. ‘An hour and half!’

I still have to shower, pick an outfit, do my make-up, and actually get to the place, which was half an hour away! So I was basically left with an hour to do everything!

“Becca!” I shouted.

“What?” Becca appeared with a bag of crisps in hand.

“He said to meet him in an hour and a half! An hour and a half!”

Becca dropped the bag. “What the hell are you waiting for? Go!”