Chapter One

So...new fanfic! This is a One Direction fanfic, and I hope everyone enjoys! Remember to vote and comment! 

I was in a downright grumpy mood.

I had been woken up at two o clock in the morning by my slightly insane best friend Becca, to drive down to The X Factor auditions. I was not a morning person.

Becca had proceeded to drag me out of bed, and throw me into the bathroom, all while yelling at me to be ready in twenty minutes and skipping back down the hall. I was ready in twenty-five minutes, and after throwing a minor bitch fit, Becca had pulled me out of our hotel room and into the dark, early morning streets of London.

“Let’s go Jenna!” Becca had shrieked, thrusting an extra large cup of tea into my hands. “I don’t want to be late!”

Now, two cups of tea, and five hours later, the sunlight had began to peak through the heavy clouds, and the long queue had begun to move—ever so slightly. I was beginning to feel more and more like my usual self, thanks to the ever so wonderful cups of tea. Tea was honestly a godsend—I have no idea what I would do without it. Becca was standing two feet ahead of me, slowly—but surely—zoning out of the real world, and into her dreamland. She did this before an important event, and I often wondered why she dragged me places like this when she wasn’t going to speak with me. Basically, her going into her little fantasy world meant it would be just me and my iPhone for the next few hours.

This should be fun.

***

No matter how much I prayed, the line did not move forward any faster. Becca was still in her daze, listening to something or the other on her iPod. I, on the other hand, had been playing every app imaginable on my iPhone for the past few hours. I was currently on Angry Birds, also known as the-most-addicting-game-on-the-face=of-the-planet.

“Angry Birds?”

I jumped in shock, surprised with the sudden voice practically next to my ear. I spun around as the voice spoke again.

“Sorry to scare you!”

My eyes widened as I was met with a boy, probably only a few months older than myself. I scanned his features; he was a solid nine on the looks scale; a possible ten. He had tight brown curls on the top of his head, bright, mischievous looking green eyes, and a cheeky smile plastered to his face.

“Like what you see?” he chuckled.

‘Hmm,’ I thought, ‘cheeky too.’

“I’m Harry. Harry Styles.” He stuck his hand out.

After staring at his hand for a moment, I stuck my own out and shook his. “Nice to meet you, Harry. I’m Jenna. Jenna Matthews.” I smirked slightly.

“So, I’m guessing you’re here for the auditions?” he asked.

“Actually, I’m here with my best friend, Becca.” I pointed to Becca, who was staring straight ahead, her earphones plugged in, oblivious to the world around her. “She’s not very good company when she’s nervous.”

Harry chuckled. “I’m here with my Mum and step-dad. I’m here to audition, unlike you.”

“You any good?” I asked, arching my eyebrow.

“I hope so. It would mean the absolute world to me to have Simon tell me that I'm good; that I have talent.” He laughed nervously, his eyes boring into mine.

“Wow, that’s a deep thing to tell someone you’ve just met.”

“Feels like I can trust you, I guess.”