¤Chapter 47¤

Eleanor had just finished testing a patient and began making her way towards Danielle's office. She gave it a soft knock before opening the door.

"Hey." She gave her a smile.

Danielle smiled back. "Hey, I didn't know you were in today." She stood up.

The two shared a hug before Eleanor sat on the chair opposite from where Danielle sat. "Yeah well I needed to clear my head and catch a breather away from Roman." She stated.

"I didn't want to say it at first but you two have been spending an awful amount of time together." Danielle gave her a small smile.

Eleanor nodded before glancing down at her intertwined fingers. "You know it's been a while since we've had girls day out and you've been shutting me out for a couple of months now." Eleanor sighed. "I want my friend back."

"Eleanor I know you want to hang out but you-"

"Can't be seen with you because the other Mafia's hate you making them hate me too? Bulkshït." Eleanor spat.

She leaned over and took a hold of her hands. "You are more than a friend to me, you're a sister and I'd really like to have my sister back. I don't want you to shut me out. Sisters don't do that. Forget about Daniel, ok? You already gab a family.

Danielle nodded releasing a breath. "Ok we can have a girl's day out." Danielle finally smiled the heart stopping smile Eleanor knew.

Eleanor smiled back at her. "Now would you go back to your bitchy self?"

Danielle laughed out loud. "Wow Roman and I are a bad influence on you. You're no longer the good girl I once knew."

~¤~

Roman slammed his fists against the desk after he had just been told that Daniel was nowhere in sight.

"Gabriel you'll need to find him because I'll have the police force breathing down my fučking neck." Roman growled.

"And why would you have them breathing down your neck?" Gabriel asked.

Roman went on and told Gabriel what had happened a few months ago in Philadelphia. Gabriel listened closely and he even added something that she had told him about her childhood. How she had never had much of it.

Their conversation was cut short by a knock that had echoed throughout the office. Roman granted access and in walked Danielle.

"Hi." She greeted softly. "I know that your busy and all but I thought that you might want to take a look at this." She handed him her phone.

"What's this?" Roman's eyes narrowed before he scanned through the pictures.

"That's Jolene and my-" she cleared her throat. "and Daniel."

"Where did you get these?" Gabriel asked taking a look.

"When Eleanor, Kyle and I had that dinner date a while ago? After you and Eleanor haven't been talking for a while then you appeared at her door-"

"Ok I got it." Roman stopped her.

She gave him a sheepish smile. "Anyway I thought that might help and the fact that Jolene hasn't been showing up at work a lot and leaving early." She explained.

Roman nodded as he sent the pictures to himself. "Thanks Danielle." He handed her, her phone.

"Where are you going all dressed up?" Gabriel eyed her up and down.

"Eleanor and I are going out." She shrugged.

Roman nodded before allowing her to leave. Once he looked up Gabriel was giving him a pointed look. "I told you she's been acting weird for a while."