¤Chapter 48¤

Roman helped Eleanor set the bed after they had put the kids to bed. She learnt that Anna was the first born, Luke the second and the last but not least born was Flynn. They were all nice kids besides Anna who had the attitude of a mean girl.

"Roman why didn't you tell me that they were coming?" Eleanor asked him.

"I thought it would be a great surprise." Roman shrugged.

"No actually it's not because me arriving late gives off a bad impression."

"What do you mean? They-"

"They're teenagers, Roman. You don't know the teenagers of today." She growled as she walked towards her closet.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked her.

"That you are old." She shrugged. "I'm only 21 going into 22 new years day and you are going to turn 30 next week." She huffed. "Now why did she really ask me to babysit when you could've done it?" She asked him.

"Because I'll be out of town for a while."

"How long will be a while?" She followed him into the bathroom.

"I don't know-"

"Roman don't lie."

"For about two weeks." He admitted.

"Two weeks?!" She screeched. "Roman you know for sure that I want to spend your birthday with you. When were you planning on telling me this seeing that I had to ask?"

"I was going to tell you tomorrow morning."

Eleanor eyes him as he undressed. "Mhm." She hummed not convinced as she turned to leave.

Roman grabbed a hold of her forearm and pulled her to him. "Elley please don't be mad. I was planning on telling you." He wrapped his arms around her waist.

She turned in his hold and faced him. "Could you at least try and finish you business affairs before your birthday?" She asked him.

Roman sighed and closed his eyes. "I can't but I can always come back before my birthday but I'd have to leave that afternoon."

"Promise?" She lifted her head so she was looking into his eyes.

"Promise." He mumbled before placing a gentle kiss on her lips.

Eleanor wrapped her arms around his neck and drew him closer wanting more of him. She pulled back when they needed air. "I haven't seen you in about a week and I possibly won't see you for another two weeks so why not make the best of the time we have with each other?" Eleanor bit her bottom lip before she shot a glance to the shower.

"Fučk. I love you so much." Roman said before smashing his lips against hers and walked towards the shower.

~¤~

Eleanor stood in the kitchen as she made breakfast for everyone. Roman had convinced her to stay home and look after the kids.

"Something smells nice." Luke walked in with plaid bottoms and no shirt on.

"Yeah I'm preparing breakfast." Eleanor smiled at him as she moved around the kitchen.

"Can I help?" He beamed with a bright smile.

"Sure bud, just wash your hands first." Eleanor smiled at him.

Luke smiled before walking over to the sink and washing his hands. He walked over to her.

"So what can I help with?"