¤Chapter 23¤

Roman paced up and down his hotel room as Eleanor sat immobile on the couch. She had blood on her one cheek, hands, clothes and legs.

Gabriel and his men were out on the street cleaning up any sort off evidence before NYPD could get.

Romaine sat watching the woman sit and stare at one spot. As she held onto the fabric of her dress.

"Elley." Roman called her as he sat on the coffee table infront of her.Her eyes met he's. "Tell me what happened from the time you left here."

He watched her swallow a lump as tears weld up in her eyes but none were shead." I-we were at this pancake place because I-I hadn't e-e-eaten yet so-" she created her throat so she could speak much more clearly. "Paul was sitting across from me drinking coffee and I was eating when bullets came flying through the window. Paul got hit in the chest." She looked up at the ceiling blinking away the tears.

She cleared her throat once again. "I tried to help him but they kept shooting and they got him in the chest again and he died in-in my arms. They shot shot me in the shoulder so I grabbed his gun and started to run. They were following me so I went on the roof tops because I didn't expect them to know parkour but one did so he kept following me. I saw the hotel so I went back on the street and he caught me so I fought him off and you showed up." She stated now looking up at him.

"Do you know who they are?" He asked her.

She shook her head. "There was so much blood." Tears began to flow out her eyes as she looked at her lap. "I tried to save him bu-but I couldn't." She began to wipe the tears away viciously. "Sorry I must look like a hot messy."

"Don't apologise." Roman told her."Do you remember anything or notice anything about these men?" He asked her.

She sucked in and swallowed a lump. "Uhm...th-they all had a tattoo of uhm..." She tried to remember the specific name. "Its that bug that is the desert but also found in the jungle." She explained.

"Scorpion." Romaine said.

"Yes a scorpion just like the man who attacked me on the boat."She spoke.

Roman sat upright from his leaning position and looked at his father. His father also looked at him sharing a look.

He faced Eleanor again. "I want you to go upstairs into the bathroom. Danielle will be there in a few moments, ok?"

Eleanor nodded before she got up and made her way upstairs. Roman got off the coffee table and faced his father who'd made his way towards him.

"She's a very tough woman." He stated looking at the staircase as if she were still there. "Tougher than she seems."

Before Roman could comment on what he's father had said a knock echoed throughout the room. Roman went to answer the door.

"Where is she?" Danielle asked him.

"She's upstairs in the bathroom." He told her.

Danielle nodded before going upstairs. He made his way towards his father once again.

"I see you've began to trust Danielle Rodriguez." He grinned.

"Only to a certain extent." Roman added.

"Listen my son. These men have gone too far." Romaine stated with all seriousness. "I'm pretty sure Elley had noticed more than she's saying but due to her state of shock she can't say."

Roman nodded listening intently. "I'll try again tomorrow but for the rest of the day I suggest we let her rest and calm down." He announced.

"Tomorrow bring her to the meeting, so she will be able to tell everyone about what happened on the yatch and today." Romaine told him.