¤Chapter 1¤

Walking into Hobs Café Eleanor smiled and greeted everyone around her. She ordered two blueberry muffins and a fruit juice. She took her order and choose a seat next to the window.

She slurped on her drink a little bit before her eyes caught a sleek black car parking along the curb. A man got out from the passengers seat and opened the back door where another man had stepped out. That's when she put down her drink and stared at the man.

He had blonde hair nearing brunnet, piercing blue eyes, pink plump lips, strong jaw and a nose to set off his face. He wore a navy blue suit that hugged his firm built body. He looked as if he'd been kissed by a million angels or his mother was lucky enough to have sex with angels and create the master peace before her eyes.

She watched as he spoke on the phone and the other man ordered for them. She watched him walked with the other man following behind him. They sat in the booth at the far corner away from everyone else but in her eye line.

She watched him for a few more moments before looking away and getting out her phone so she didn't seem like some creep. She didn't want to come off like that even though she wanted to stare so bad. But it didn't stop her from glancing up every now and then.

She was pulled out her thoughts when she felt a tug at her top. She turned around and looked down to see a little boy who wore raggedy torn clothes. He looked thin, fragile and hungry.

"Hi there." She greeted with a small smile.

"Sorry to bother you miss but my I please have some food? I'm really hungry but if you don't have any I understand." He asked her.

Her heart melted as she looked at the boy before her. She couldn't help it. She couldn't say no to him. He was in need and she was definitely going to help him.

Before she could respond one of the workers had marched over and grabbed him roughly. "I told you to never come back here kid." The man growled.

"Hey!" Eleanor jumped up from her seat removing his grip from the little boys hand. "Don't dare grab him like that."

"Look lady stay out of this." The worker seethed out seeming beyond annoyed and angry.

"I will do no such thing." She shook her head. "This little boy did nothing-"

"This little rat keeps coming back harassing my customers."

"How dare you cut me off you pig." She said. "Where are your manners?" She looked at him in disapproval. "And don't call him a rat. He's only hungry and looking for food. Put yourself in his position and see how it's like being treated like a rat by people such as yourself."

"I'm no pig." He seethed. "And this isn't any of your business since this is my store."

"Oh really?" She challenged placing her hand on one hip. "I'm friends with the owner of this café and this is my business since this boy was talking to me not you." She pointed at him angrily. "I wonder what your boss will think of loosing a regular customer."

As if the boss had sonic hearing he was already making his way out the office towards the scene at the sound of hearing loosing a regular customer. He had reached the scene which everyone hadn't missed one bit. Even the guy she'd been gawking at had his undivided attention ever since she began defending the little boy.

"What's going on here?" Hob the owner of the café asked reaching him.

"Hob." Eleanor smiled at him in which he returned.

"Elley so nice to see you." He grinned at her. "What are you doing here so early? You're normally here around midday."

"Today I wanted to get my muffins earlier." She told him. "But this man here grabbed this little boy here while we were talking." She said disappointed. "Then had the nerve to be rude and insult him." She continued. "You know how I hate terrible manners and terrible service."