Chapter 40

Chapter 40 - Confusion

"Am I supposed to know what that is?" I say after a minute of silence

"Oh boy, I have a story to tell you." He tells me with a wide smirk present on his face.

I stare at him curiously before looking around at all the guards, there's at least ten. We're hopeless.

"I don't mind a story, what else are we to do?" I sigh, shrugging. I make quick eye contact to Megan and her eyes are full of fright. I just nod at her, assuring her that we'll be OK.

"Well son it's about your brother." He announces for everyone to hear.

"He got what he deserved." I announce as well.

"No, your other brother." He tells me and my eyebrows furrow. I hear quiet gasps erupt from around the room as I stay quiet.

My other brother? What the fúck?

I stay silent and wait for him to continue.

"Your mom and I were already broken up, but after I left she had this wild streak that lasted a long time. Then it stopped one day when she happened to meet a god, Ares." He explains causing my eyes to widen.

"Yes, gods are in fact real and I'm talking' actual Greek gods. I didn't know either, until I met one myself." He mutters more to himself than me.

He stays quiet like he's thinking about something. I just hope he doesn't start to vent to us.

"Continue please." I say and I'm sure my face has a hard stern look on it. I'm not surprised about the whole gods as much as me having another brother.

"Well, they were in a relationship for a few months and she got pregnant. You were a toddler at this time, and from where I stood it looked like you were happy...then the baby was born and it all ran down hill." He sighs, shaking his head.

"What happened?" I say in a light voice. I can't help but be intrigued asks shocked by this just like everyone else in the room.

"Ares took him to Fatum. It's a different dimension for all of the supernatural, created by the original witches." He says before the room goes into complete silence.

I clench my jaw, so it won't drop down from the shocking information that I've just received.

"So why do you want to go so bad?" I question, pretending like I'm uninterested. Though, I'm very interested. Who wouldn't be interested, surprised, or shocked when you learn there's another dimension and you have a sibling there?

He begins to talk again, and I quickly glance at Megan to see if she's okay and to my luck she looks as okay as you can get when you have a knife to your neck. Or I think she's doing OK, I wish I could know. Too bad we failed to have a Luna and mate ceremony so we can fully connect.