Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Meeting Him

I tapped on my knee, anxiously waiting for my turn

Gosh, why am I so nervous?

It also doesn't help that Veronica's jumpy today.

Veronica is my wolf. She's a beautiful shade of dark midnight blue and her fur is soft and likeable to touch. She also has these stunning light gray eyes that I wish I have.

She's sometimes cocky, mostly sarcastic, and generally pushy with everything I do. But she is sweet, and in the end, we love each other. She's been there for me since my first change.

(a/n The italics in bold are her wolf and the regular italics are her. Ok?)

What's up with you today? I asked. You're starting to worry me.

I don't know. It's just-I feel like something's gonna happen soon.

Bad or good?

Good. Definitely good.

I sigh. Well, at least something good is going to happen, if even V is excited. Hopefully the good thing is that I get this job.

I check my watch to see it's already 2:59.

Sh*t. I'm so not ready for this.

"Miss. Renya he's ready for you now. You can go up. It's the very top floor, last door on the right." The young blonde sitting at the desk in front of me says, face plastered with a plastic smile.

I stand up, smoothing my black pencil skirt down along with my white button up. I make my way to the elevator after I pass the pale, quiet hall. And I step on, the buttons were shiny metal, I ran a finger over the lines of buttons before pushing in the very top one, sitting above the rest as though it's more important.

Why am I so nervous?

Maybe I should just back out.

I play with the hem of my skirt. It was brand new, but somehow, I could find a million things wrong with it.

Before I knew it, the door was open.

I slowly stepped off to reveal a wide, spacious office, windows peering out at other skyscraping buildings, light filtering into clean, organised blocks of offices. And see workers casually jotting stuff down, and some people talking casually on the phone. They're all dressed in expensive looking suits and knee-high pencil dresses.

As I make my way down the hall I felt V getting more excited.

My legs propel me forward. I'm walking faster. And faster.

The smell of something quite delightful fogs the air. Vanilla and caramel.

I walk faster, rushing past people.

Gosh, why the hell is this hall so long.

I wonder if it is what I think it is. I'm pretty sure it is.

I walk faster until I make it all the way to the door.

It feels like forever.

And there is the most delightful smell I have ever smelt, right there behind that door.

Suddenly everything stops, and the only thing that I can see is that door.

I swing it open. And there are the eyes of the most handsome man I've ever seen.

"Mate." I whisper.

I am hypnotized by his eyes, darkened to almost black, at the sight of me.

"Mmm." he hums. Suddenly, he is inches from my face. His eyes are getting blacker by the second.

"I prefer otherwise."
I stare up at him, in a haze.

The door is closed.

"What?" I ask, still very much in a haze.

He nods, smirking, "Daddy, I prefer daddy."

***********************************

edited by: Truedatunicorn36

This is short af but that's okay because I'll try to make the next one long af you feel my vibes mmmkay.

QOTD : What's your favorite song at the moment?

Feel free to PM me if you just wanna chat!