Chapter 38

Chapter 38 - My Brother And The Wife
************************************

My head pounds as I lift my head from the cold metal table my head is laying on

My head pounds as I lift my head from the cold metal table my head is laying on. I rub my eyes to rid ofthe blurryness. I try to pull my arms up higher only to see them chained to the chair.

Man, that shot has some bad after affects.

"I'm glad to see you're awake," I hear a recognizable voice say causing me to look up. In the corner of the room I see him along with two other men.

Dylan.

He walks closer to me and he sits in the chair across from me.

I glare at him, "Why are you doing this, Dylan?"

He has this evil glint in his eyes now. What changed him?

"Boys, I can handle it from here. I'll get all the information," He says, ignoring my recent question.

The men, whom I assume are the guards, give a sharp nod and they walk and leave through the metal door.

I look around and notice that I'm in some kind of metal box. Everything is just metal.

"Good acting, right?" He whispers and I look at him in confusion.

"What do you mean?" I whisper back.

"Really sis? Why would I just betray everyone for no reason?" He replies, a smile appears on his face.

I sigh in relief and smile as well. He's not betraying us, he's helping us.

"Wait, how did you even know about this whole situation?" I question. We've never even talked to him about this whole situation.

"Oh fun story actually Aiden called me in Vegas and he told me everything, and he asked for help to be the inside spy," He explains, shortly.

So perhaps Aiden was telling the truth about me being fine after everything settles and goes as planned, but nothing ever goes as planned.

I wonder what Aiden is doing now. I can't help but miss him. V hasn't even been talking to me because of this whole situation, she blocked me out. Good thing she'll atleast be happy to hear this.

"Megan, you still listening to me?" Dylan says, pulling something out of his pocket.

"Um yeah, did he tell you the plan?" I ask, leaning closer to him. I've been wanting to know this plan for too long.

"Yup, he told me not to tell you though," He says, picking at his nails.

I roll my eyes, "I already know that you're the traitor slash spy, so why not just tell me?"

He looks down at the table, with conflicted look on his face, "James doesn't really want the pack... he wants something more."

I lean closer against the metal table, "What?"

"Aiden didn't know what it was, but he did know it has something to do with the pack's connection to the Moon Goddess." He replies, leaning closer as well.

What else does my pack know? Gosh, I obviously don't much about them.

"Ok, did James say what it was?"

"No, but hopefully soon. I can't ask Aiden, because he's not himself right now. He told me that he'd give the control to Eli if you got taken." He explains to me and my eyes widen.

He gave control to the guy he calls dangerous every time I bring him up?! So my now apparently rebellious and aśshole mate is just roaming out there.

"What else is there to know about James?" I question, rubbing my wrist trying to make the pain go away from the metal chains.

"His mate hates him, he's abusive. She'll be in here to talk to you any minute now, actually." He replies.

I stare at him in confusion, why the hell do I have to talk to James' mate?

Soon a loud knock sounds around the room, "Olivia is here to speak to her!" A voice yells and I look to Dylan.

Dylan looks back to me and firmly nods. I look at him with pleading eyes before he stands and walks towards the door.

He opens it to reveal another bea-utiful woman. All the women here make me feel a little insecure. I mean she literally looks like Angelina Jolie.

She walks in in all her glory as Dylan leaves.

It's quiet besides her heals clicking on the floor and the door closing. I look at her, unsure of how to think of her.

She sits and stares at me with worry, "Are you okay, hun?"

"Not exactly considering I'm trapped and I have no clue as to where I am," I explain, rolling my eyes.

"I'm aware, this is how it is with everyone he brings in here." She says, nodding her head in understanding.

I look at her confused, "You just let him?"

"You don't know how many times I've tried to help people escape, and I've tried numerous times to escape by myself." She explains, her eyes filled with obvious melancholy, anybody could tell she's not happy.

"What'd you do wrong?" I question. Maybe if I find out what she did wrong maybe we can make it out.

"It's a spell, we can't leave unless she breaks the spell." She simply says before standing up and brushing down her skirt.

************************************

"Conner, do you know anything about this spell that's keeping us in." I ask, looking to Conner who's eating a brownie.

We got knocked out and dragged back to our rooms awhile ago, and now we've just been sitting here. We ran out of ideas. We don't even know if it's day or night. For some reason we're just all laying in this bed doing absolutely nothing.

"Oh from what she told me I know it's a barrier spell, which is best done in forests for witches. So we're most likely in a forest." He replies, smacking on his brownie.

"Why the hell are you eating so much, Conner?" Gigi asks, with her eyebrows furrowed.

"I stress eat. Leave me alone." He pouts back and I shake my head at them.

I lay down on the bed and sigh.

'You should let me out, you're stressed.' I hear V's voice for what feels like first time in forever.

************************************
IG: meraki.alien

Snap: loyallyric

QOTD: What would be your first question after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years?