Chapter 16

Chapter 16: Soothing Her

I slid down the door of the toy room after hearing that dreadful story

I slid down the door of the toy room after hearing that dreadful story. Tears almost fall but the anger in me keeps them in.

Julian, he's definitely on our list. I hear Abel say. He's right. I've always had a little hatred for Julian but from the story I've just heard my hatred has expanded much more.

But now he's in town, and I have no idea where he is. My sperm donor that is my dad is probably here too. Shit. I really don't want to make a time in a day to go see and talk to them.

I stand when Connor, the beta, comes back from using the bathroom. I push the thoughts I have aside so Connor won't ask too many questions about the uneasy look on my face.

"Aye man what's wrong?" He asks looking worried.

"Nothing to concern you with right now, but Megan and I shall be heading back now, Con." I say, quickly opening the door to see Megan curled up in Matthew's arms.

"She fell!" Matthew said quickly letting her go and letting me scoop her up in my arms so we can leave. I chuckle dryly at Matthew's poor excuse as I make my way to the door with Megan in my arms.

"Bye, guys! I'll see you later!" I yell then using my vampire speed up to our room.

I gently lay her on the bed, and that's when I see her red eyes, blotchy cheeks, and confused face. I can tell she completely dropped her little space which is a little disappointing because, I know she doesn't go into her little space much.

"Megan, I heard everything..." I mumble sitting down next to her while wrapping my arms around her.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you...are you mad?" She whimpers in my chest.

"Of course not." I say. That's a hard thing to come out with.

I lay us gently back against the bed,while slowly caressing her soft dark brown hair.  I stare at my beautiful mates face for what seemed like a long time.

"When I was younger...I used to talk with my moms all the time about getting my mate. I'd say that I'd treat her as a queen, she'd come before anyone else, and that no one would ever touch her in a bad way or the way I touch her. I promised all those things ever since the day my moms told me about mates." I say feeling my throat get dry, but I hold in the tears.

"I hope you know you couldn't save me from that, babe." She whispers her voice sounding a little dry from crying.

"Oh I know I'm just letting you know that it's never happening again." I assure her with a stern voice.

We stay in quiet for awhile and slowly through out time I hear Megan's heartbeat go back to normal.

"Well we have work tomorrow. You live pretty far from the city. Should we leave tonight?" She asks sitting up and smiling at me.

I smile back, "Nope, we'll just wake up early. Plus I'm the boss I can't be late." I shrug sitting up as well.

She sighs, "Thank you." I hear her say almost inaudibly.

"Baby, you don't have to say thank you... this is one of my jobs as your mate, your man." I cradle her back in my arms then laying us back down.

"Now lets sleep." I whisper.

************************************
QOTD: Who is one celebrity you wish to meet?