27.

Maya's P.O.V

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I groaned and rolled over. I stuck my arm out from under the blanket and patted the bed, searching for my phone.

Once I grabbed it I immediately clicked answer without checking the caller ID.

"Hello" I said still in my sleepy state.

"Hey, did I wake you? Sorry Maya" the voice that I recognized as Isadora's said through the phone.

"It's fine Izzy. What's up?" I said.

"Well since today is my last day here and were both not going to be at school today, do you wanna hang out?" she asked.

"Sure. Do you wanna come over to my house? I have some things I have to do today, but you can tag along" I said.

"Okay. That's fine. I will come around 11" she said.

"Alrighty see you then"

"Okay. Bye Maya"

"Bye Izzy"

I hung up and looked at the time. 9:26am. I groaned and rolled out of bed and onto my floor.

I got up and walked out of the room and into the kitchen where my mom was making pancakes.

"Hey sweetheart" she said.

"Hey mom. Shawn go to work?" I questioned.

"Yeah" she said putting some pancakes on a plate and handing it to me. I walked over to the table and sat it down, then walked over to the cabinet to get a cup.

"Isadora is coming over at 11. She wanted to hang out since it's her last day visting before she goes back to cali" I said as I poured some orange juice in my cup and walking back to the table to sit down.

"Okay, that's fine" she said sitting across from me at the table.

"You're furniture should be here around 10:30" she added.

"Okay. What about the stuff I'm not keeping?" I questioned.

"Me and Shawn are gonna load it onto the back of the truck when he gets home and take it to Habitat ReStore and then we're gonna drop some you're old clothes off at Goodwill" she after taking a sip of her coffee.

"Okay" I said as I stuffed a piece of pancake in my mouth.

As soon as my mom and I were done eating out pancakes, she told me that she was going to go get dressed.

After cleaning my dishes I sighed and walked over to the table where my phone was. I checked the time and it was 9:43. I went into the living room and plopped down on the couch, putting my phone on the coffee table and grabbing the tv remote.

I flipped through the channels and there was nothing good on so I grabbed my phone and went on twitter and looked through my feed.

20 minutes later

"Maya" my mom yelled from her room.

"Yeah" I yelled back, not looking up from my phone.

"You need to go get ready. You're furniture will be here soon and as soon as it's placed in you're room we're leaving to go to the mall" she said walking out of her room into the living room.

"Okay" I said locking my phone and going into the guest bedroom and into my bag, grabbing an outfit for today.

After that I went into my bathroom and took a quick shower.