7.

The next morning, Maya woke up to the sound of her alarm going off. She sat up and rubbed he eyes. She thought about how she had to talk to her friends and how much she had to fake that she was okay to get them to leave her alone. She eventually got up and went into her bathroom and took a shower. Then she got out did her makeup and got dressed. She grabbed her bag and walked out of her room into the living room. Shawn and Katy looked up when they heard her walk in.

"Morning baby girl"

"Morning kiddo"

She just gave them a weak smile and told them that she was leaving for school. Shawn offered to give her a ride, but she said she was fine. She didn't want to be questioned right before school.. or at all.
_

At school, the gang was waiting for Maya by her locker.

"She isn't going to come" Zay said.

"She told me she would" Farkle replied.

"She doesn't want anything to do with us" Isadora said.

"Maya is our best friend. Of course she does" Riley told Isadora. Lucas stayed quiet. He knew if Maya did talk to them, that she still wasn't gonna speak to him.

A few minutes later Maya walked into school and she seen her friends waiting for her by her locker. She took a deep breath and walked over to her locker.

"You guys are blocking my locker."

They all turned and looked at her. A smile spread across Farkle's face.

"Told you guy-" he was cut off by Riley.

"MAYA!!" she ran over and gave her a tight hug.

"Okay Riles, I can't breathe"

"Sorry peaches"

Maya gave her a fake smile and looked at the rest of the group.

"Hey May" Zay said.

"Hi Maya" Isadora said.

"Hey guys" Maya said with another fake smile.

Maya looked over at Lucas and he was looking down. She then looked over at Farkle.

"Farkle? Can we talk?" Maya asked.

"Yeah sure"

They walked over to the benches and the others waited for them by the lockers next to the classroom.

"You know that thing aren't going back to normal right?"

Farkle frowned.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean this.. me with the group. I asked to be left alone. I want to be left alone Farkle."

"Why? What's wrong with the group that you would want to be left alone?"

"Nothing. You guys are great. I just want to be alone and plus it good that I'm not around, I can't get in the way of Riley and Lucas if I'm not around"

"Maya just tell hi-" he got cut off by Maya

"No"

"May-" he got cut off my Maya again.

"I have to get stuff from my locker. You guys can go head into class, I will be in there in a minute" she said getting up and going to her locker. Farkle watched her walk away and then got up and walked into the classroom with a frown on his face.

The group was very confused about what happened what happened between them and why Farkle walked into the classroom without them and with a frown on his face. They looked at Maya and the figured that she was a little upset by the way she slammed her locker open so they just went on without her, except for Riley.

Once Maya got her things she turned around and saw that Riley was waiting for her.

"Why didn't you go in with the others?"

"Because, your my best friend Maya and I usually always wait for you"

Maya gave her another fake smile and they linked arms and walked into class. When they walked in everyone looked at them and they walked to there seats and Maya sat behind Riley like she used to. Corey smiled and thought that things were finally gonna go back to normal, but then he noticed that Farkle had a frown on his face still. He didn't think much about it at first, but when Farkle didn't answer all the questions like he usually does he was concerned. Once the bell rang Corey asked Farkle to stay for a minute. They walked out and waited for him.

"Farkle, what going on with you today?"

"Nothing sir, just a bit tired thats all"

"Are you sure? I know you have you're group of friends to talk to, but you can always talk to me if you need adult advice or something"

"I know. Thank you sir, but I'm fine" he smiled weakly and walk out to where his friend were waiting.