9.

"What about her?" Riley asked.

"Is she okay?" she added.

"I don't think she's okay" Farkle said.

"What do you mean you don't THINK she's okay?" Zay questioned.

"I mean, I think that something is going on with her and she's not telling us about it" he said.

"How do you know?" Zay asked again.

"Remember before class, when Maya asked to talk to me?"

They all nodded.

"Well, she told me that just because she was back with us, didn't mean things were gonna go back to normal and I asked why... but I can't tell you that part because it's between her and me. She also added that when she asked to be alone that she really ment it and then she got up and walked away"

"Okay, so what happened when you asked to talk to her after we left" Isadora asked.

"Well I asked her why and she said the same thing, but then I told her that I knew something else was going on and that she could tell me about it"

"What happened then?" Riley questioned. Farkle took a deep breath.

"When she didn't come school past few weeks, i went over to her house to see what was going on. Her mom said that she didn't want to see anyone so, I went to her window"

Flashback

She went and opened the window and he climed inside.

"What are you doing here Farkle?" Maya asked.

"I came to see what going on with you. You've been avoiding all of us and you weren't at school for like 4 weeks."

"I'm fine. I told you guys to let me be alone."

"Why? Maya, what's going on? This is way more than you avoiding Lucas because of what happened in Texas. Something else is going on. Please tell me, I want to help."

Maya stared at him. He sighed and look around at her room. He notice there was clothes everywhere, there was papers with drawings on the floor, and he also noticed the box that was sticking out from under her bed.

"What's this?" he said walking over to the box and picking it up.

"Don't touch that" Maya said walking over and talking the box from him.

"Why? What's in it?"

"None of your business"

"Maya.. please."

"No Farkle. Just go home."

He hesitated, but then walked over to the window. As he was heading out he said

"Can you at least come to school tomorrow and talk to us?"

"... Yeah sure" she replied hesitantly.

Flashback over

"After that I left. I mentioned the box again when I was talking to her and I could tell that she was getting nervous, but I wanted to see if she would crack and then tell me what was going on"

"Did she?" Zay asked.

"No. She started crying and I went to go comfort her, but she back away and told me to leave the box alone and then she ran off. I went to chase after her.. but I lost her" Farkle said.

"Do you have any idea of what could be in the box?" Isadora questioned.

"No. All I know is that whatever is inside of it, Maya doesn't want anyone to know. It's probably what's making her so distant from us" Farkle said.

"We need to find out what's in that box then" Lucas finally spoke up.

"Yeah, but how? Maya's not just gonna hand it over" Zay said.

"We need to find a way to get her out of her room, so one of us can get that box" Farkle said.

"Well what's the plan?" Riley asked.

"Your gonna help?" Farkle asked.

"She's my best friend and I want my peaches back. If breaking into her room and getting that box is gonna help, no matter how mad she gets.. at least she will get better in the end" Riley said.

"Okay well, here's the plan.."