21.

"Maya, are you ready yet?" Katy said walking into her hospital room.

"Almost mom. Give me a few minutes?" Maya asked. Katy nodded her head and walked out.

Maya went to the bathroom to wash her face and when she walked out her friends walked into the room.

"Hey peaches" Riley said giving Maya a hug.

"Hey Riles" she said hugging back. A few seconds later they pulled away from the hug.

"Are you getting out today?" Farkle asked.

"Um.. yeah" she said.

"But.." She added.

"That's great! We can have a sleepover and-" Maya cut her off.

"Riles, I can't" Maya said quietly as her eyes started to get glossy.

"Why? What wrong?" Riley said concerned.

"I'm going to a mental hospital" she said quietly.

"What? No. You can't. You're okay. There is nothing wrong with you" Riley said on the verge of tears.

"I have a major depressive disorder" Maya said.

"How long have you had it?" Zay asked.

"I was diagnosed when I was 13" Maya said looking down.

"Maya.." Farkle started.

"Why did you tell us?" he questioned.

"I was doing fine. I took my medication and it helped a little bit for a while and I guess my body got used to it and it got bad again" she said.

"How long will you be gone?" Isadora asked.

"6 months" Maya said. Just then Katy walked into the room.

"Maya, it's time to go" she said sadly.

"Okay. I'll be there in a minute"

Maya looked at her friends who all had sad looks on their face and glossy eyes.

"I'm gonna miss you guys. Don't change while I'm gone" Maya said.

"We won't. We promise" Farkle said walking over to Maya and giving her a hug. A few seconds later they pulled away and then she gave Zay and then Isadora a hug.

She walked over to Lucas. A tear fell down her cheek and he wiped it away. They stared at each other for a few seconds and then Maya pulled him into a hug. He immediately hugged back.

"I love you" she whispered in his ear then kissed him on the cheek. He pulled away shocked and she gave him a small smile. She took a folded up piece of paper out of her pocket and handed it to him.

She then turned to Riley who had tears falling down her face.

"I'm gonna miss you so much" Maya said pulling her into a hug. They hugged for a few minutes until Maya's mom came back into the room.

"Bye guys" Maya said sadly.

"Bye Maya" they all said as she walked out of the room with her mom.

After that they all went home.

6 months. 6 months til they see her again. Who knows what's gonna happen.