23.

7 months later

"Are you ready to go home today?" Mrs. Cooper asked.

"No. Not really. Can't I just stay here?" Maya questioned.

"Maya.. you already stayed an extra month. You can't stay here forever" Mrs. Cooper said looking at her sympathetically.

"Why not?" Maya whined.

"You have no reason to stay here anymore" Mrs. Cooper giving her a small smile.

"Plus, don't you want to see you're friends and you're mom and Shawn?" Mrs. Cooper added.

Maya sighed and finished packing the rest of her things up. She didn't have much, but she drew a lot during her free time.

"Can I go say goodbye to Missy?" Maya asked.

"Yeah. Grab you're bags. You're mom and Shawn are waiting for you outside" Mrs. Cooper said.

"Okay" Maya said.

Maya followed Mrs. Cooper to Missy's room where she was reading her book.

"Missy" Mrs. Cooper said grabbing her attention.

Missy looked up and saw Mrs. Cooper and Maya right beside her with her bags.

"No" Missy whispered .

"You're leaving right now?" Missy asked sadly.

"Yeah. They said there is no reason for me to stay anymore" Maya said giving her a sad smile.

Missy put her book down and walked towards Maya.

"I'm gonna miss you so much" Missy said pulling Maya into a tight hug.

"I'm gonna miss you too" Maya said.

"Promise me you will come and vist" Missy said as her voice cracked, pulling away from the hug.

"I promise" Maya said pulling her into another hug.

"Stay strong" Maya said. Missy nodded.

Maya pulled away from the hug and gave Missy another sad smile before walking over to Mrs. Cooper.

"Ready?" she asked. Maya nodded.