14.

Farkle and the others were still in Riley's room. They were still thinking about everything that they just found out. Everyone jumped a little when Farkle's phone buzzed. It was a text from Maya. Farkle scrunched up his eyebrows in confusion to why she would be texting him at this hour.

From Maya- I know you have my box and I'm guessing your with the others too. Meet me at the park, NOW.

Farkle's eyes widened. He didn't expect her to notice her box was missing so fast. Let alone to know it was him, but he should have saw it coming. She was bound to found out sooner or later. Guess it was sooner.

"Guys, we gotta go meet Maya in the park" Farkle said to the others.

"What? Why? I thought we were gonna talk to her tomorrow" Zay asked confused.

"She found out her box was missing and she texted me and I guess she knew I was with you guys. She texted me for us meet her at the park. Like now" Farkle said standing up. The others did as well.

"How did she know you took it?" Lucas asked.

"Well, I'm pretty much the only one who knew about it. Plus after our conversation at school earlier, I'm guessing it wasn't that hard to figure out" he said.

"Let's get going, don't wanna make her more mad then we know she's gonna be" Farkle added grabing the box and climbing out the window.

Once they all were out they headed to the park. As they were walking Zay asked a question.

"Do you think that she's gonna be really mad that we took her box?"

"To be honest with you, I do. Mostly with me though. I'm the only one who knew about it and plus she told me not to touch it and then I did" Farkle replied.

After that, it was silent most of the way there. Once they got there, they saw a blonde sitting on the bench. When she heard the crunch of leaves that they were stepping on she looked up and she looked furious.

"Hey.. Maya.." Farkle said nervously. She glared at him and then spoke up.

"WHY WOULD YOU TAKE MY BOX WHEN I TOLD YOU NOT TO!?" she yelled at him and you could see a tear go down her cheek. That made them all feel worse than they already felt.

"It wasn't just him Maya" Zay said. She glared at him.

"SO?! HE WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT KNEW ABOUT IT AND IT SHOULD HAVE STAYED THAT WAY!" she yelled.

"I'm sorry Maya. I just wanted to know what was going on with you" Farkle said.

"WHAT IS IN THAT BOX, IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!" she yelled again.

They all stared at her. Then Riley spoke up.

"Peaches.. why did you tell me you were getting bullied?" her voiced cracked. Maya looked away.

"Maya please tell us" Farkle whispered loud enough for her to hear. She looked at him.

"It doesn't bother me. Everything those notes said, didn't bother me" she said.

"Your lying" Lucas said. Maya didn't even glance his way.

"Your lying" Zay said after he noticed that Maya didn't even look at him or reply to what he said.

"I am no-" Maya got cut off by Riley's phone buzzing. Riley took out her phone and looked at the message and sighed.

"My dad wants me home" she said looking at them. They all nodded, except for Maya who looked away.

"Do you want me to walk you home?" Zay asked. Riley smiled.

"Sure"

"I'll be back" Zay said as him and Riley walked away. Farkle and Lucas turned back to Maya.

"Maya.. how long have you been getting bullied?" Farkle asked. She sighed and ran her hands over her face and mumbled her response.

"What?" Farkle asked. She sighed again.

"A month before Texas" she said not looking at either one of the two boys.

"WHAT!?" both of the boys yelled.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Farkle asked.

"Why didn't you notice?" Maya shot back glaring at him. Both of the boys looked down.

"Exactly" Maya mumbled loud enough for them to hear. She walked up to Farkle and stuck her hands out. Knowing what she wanted, he gave her the box.

Once she had it she turned around and started to walk away. Lucas still had a question on his mind. Even though she wasn't gonna answer him, he would know by her reaction.

"Do you cut?" he asked. Maya's eyes widened and she froze. Farkle took a few steps closer to her.

"Maya, please answer. Do you cut?" he said. She turned around and looked at him.

"No, why would you ask that?" she said. Farkle and Lucas could tell she was getting nervous.

"We saw blood on your floor, on the counter and in the sink. What's it from then if you don't cut?" Farkle asked.

"I got a paper cut" she said. Lucas scoffed.

"From doing what? Drawing thoes drawings that make you seem depressed" Lucas said. She glared at him, tears started running down her face and then she started running away. He saw how glossy her eyes were getting and his look softened. He started to go after her.

"Maya wai-" he got cut off amd stopped by Farkle.

"Don't. You've done enough. Just leave her alone for right now. I will go talk to her" Farkle said walking off.

"Dang, you messed up bro. Again" Zay said walking over to Lucas. Lucas sighed.

"Let's go" Zay added and the two boys walked together til they had to split ways to go to their houses.

All Lucas could think about was how mean be he sounded. He didn't mean to sound that harsh, but he knew she was lying. He layed in bed thinking of ways he could get her to talk to him, but he couldn't think of one. He layed there for a while and then he eventually fell asleep.