25.

Maya's P.O.V

I was sitting at my desk drawing when my phone buzzed, indicating that I had gotten a text message.

From Riles- Hey peaches. Want to hang out with us at Topangas today?

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. I know I'm gonna have to face them sooner or later. Guess it's sooner.

To Riles- Sure, when?

From Riles- How about around 3?

To Riles- Okay. See you then.

I put my phone back down on my desk after looking at the time. 12:47pm. I got up. putting my phone in my back pocket and walked into the living where my mom and Shawn were watching tv.

"Hey mom? Can we leave soon to go get paint for my room? I'm going to Topangas around 3 to hang out with my friends" I said grabbing her attention.

"We can leave right now if you're ready" she said.

"I am" I replied.

She said okay and then said her goodbye to Shawn while adding that she would be back in a little bit.

-

It didn't take me long to pick out a paint color because I knew what I wanted already. White.

I know it's a very basic color, but it goes along with the things that are going into my room. Since it didn't take long to get the paint me and my mom went and looked at furniture and stuff for my room.

-

I had gotten everything I needed for my room and my furniture was being delivered to our house tomorrow.

Right now my mom is driving me to Topangas to drop me off.

"I told Shawn while we were at the store to start taking you're stuff that is in your room now and put it in the spare room for so that me and him can paint it when I get back home" she said.

"Okay. We can donate all of it or somthing" I said.

"You don't wanna keep any of it?" she questioned.

"Nope. Just wanna keep my box, my art supplies and my drawings" I said.

"Okay then, what time do you want me to pick you up?" my mom asked.

"Actually, can I walk home?" I questioned.

"You sure?" she asked. I nodded my head.

"Okay" she said.

A few minutes later she pulled up to Topangas bakery. I unbuckle my seat belt and then opened the car door.

"Have fun" my mom said as I got out of the car. I gave her a fake smile and shut the door.

I watched her drive off and the turned towards Topangas.

I am so not ready for this.