19.

"Do you need anything babygirl?"

"No mom. I'm fine"

"Okay well, I have go to work but I will be back later"

"Okay"

"Bye babygirl. I love you" Katy said as she walked out of Maya's hospital room.

Maya grabbed the remote that was on the table next to her an flipped through the channels, but none of them seemed interesting so she just shut the tv off and sighed.

'Why am I still alive?'

'I shouldn't be here'

Those were the things that have been running through her mind since she woke up. She remembers everything, but wished she didn't. She knew that everyone was going to question her about what happened and she was not looking forward to telling them.

She looked down at her wrists and saw that they were bandaged. She sighed and then looked at the wall.

"Hey" a familiar voice said.

She looked towards the door and saw Farkle. She said nothing and looked back, staring at the wall again.

"Maya.." he started, not knowing exactly what to say.

"I'm glad you finally woke up" is what he said as he sat down in the chair next to her hospital bed.

"Yeah. Well I'm not"

"What? Why?" he asked shocked.

"I did it for a reason Farkle" she said.

"Maya.. I know things have been really hard for you lately, but suicide? That's not.. gonna solve anything"

"Maybe not for you, but for me. It would" she said harshly.

"May-" she cut him off.

"Farkle, I really don't want to talk about this right now" she said closing her eyes.

"Maya we have to talk about this" Farkle said in a stern voice.

"Not right now. Please" she begged.

"Okay.. but we have to talk about it soon" he said.

She said nothing. Her eyes were still closed and it was silent. Not the awkward kind, but the comfortable kind.

An half an hour later the silence was interrupted by a knock on the door.

Nurse Amy walked in,

"Someone is here to see you"

Maya nodded and nurse Amy left to go get the visitor.

"Maya I'm-" Farkle cut himself off.

Maya opened her eyes and was about to about to ask why he stopped talking, but her eyes landed on the person that stood in the doorway. Lucas.

She gulped and quickly looked away.

"Lucas" Farkle said glaring at him.

"Hey Farkle"

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to see Maya. Her mom called me last night and told me she was awake"

"I don't think it's a good idea for you to be here right now"

"I know I'm a jerk for what I said and I shouldn't have said what I said, but please let me talk to her"

Farkle hesitated. He looked at Maya, she had closed her eyes again, then he looked back at Lucas.

"Fine" he said standing up.

"Maya I'll be back later" he said giving her a quick hug and then leaving the room.

Maya opened her eyes and Lucas sat down in the chair that Farkle had been sitting in.

No one said anything at first. No one knew how to start or where to start.

A few minutes later Lucas spoke up.