8.

"What was that about?" Isadora asked.

"He just asked why I wasn't as 'involved' as I usually am in class" Farkle replied.

"Well.. why weren't you?" Riley asked.

"I.. I'm just.. tired today" he said.

"Are you sure? It looks like something is bothering you" Zay said.

Farkle quickly looked at Maya and then looked back at Zay.

"Nope, nothing is bothering me. I'm fine" he said giving them a fake smile.

"Okay well, I have to look for some book for my english project, can you guys come to the library with me to help me find it?" Zay asked.

"Sure" everyone except Maya said.

"Actually, I have to get home. I have a lot of things to get done" Maya said hoping that they wouldn't ask what it was.

"Like what?" Farkle asked, not believing that she had 'things to get done'.

"Personal things" she said while staring at him for a few seconds then she turned around and started walking away.

"Wait!" Farkle yelled and she stopped walking.

"Maya, can I talk to you for a second?" he asked. She slowly turned to face him.

"..Sure" she said. Farkle looked at his group of friends and then looked at Maya.

"Alone" he added.

"Um.. we will be in the library" Zay said looking at Maya and Farkle then walking to the library with Lucas, Riley and Isadora. Once they were out of earshot Farkle spoke up.

"What's so important that you have to do at home?" he asked.

"It's personal, Farkle" she said.

It was silent for a few seconds until Farkle spoke again.

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why can't things go back to normal"

"I already t-" she got cut off by Farkle.

"No!" he snapped.

"It's not just about Lucas and Riley. There is something else going on, what is it?"

"There is no-" she got cut off again.

"Maya.. please. I'm one of your best friends.. you can tell me anything" he spoke softly.

"I know" she whispered closing her eyes.

"Then tell me what's going on" he whispered back.

Her eyes stayed close and she stayed silent. Farkle was trying to think of anything that could give him an answer to what's going on with her. Then he suddenly thought of something.

"That box" he mumbled.

"What?" she said.

"That box. The one that was under your bed.. the one you told me not to touch" he said.

"What about it?" she asked. She was trying to play it off, but Farkle could see how nervous she was getting from mentioning it.

"What's inside?" he asked.

"N-nothing" she stuttered.

"Then why are you stuttering?" he smirked.

She stayed quiet glaring at him.

"You wouldn't mind if I looked inside? Since, you know, there's nothing in it" he questioned.

"Don't touch that box Minkius" she said. Farkle saw a tear go down her cheek and he stopped smirking.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?" he asked concerned. He tried to go give her a hug to comfort her, but she backed away wiping the tears that were running down her face.

"Please.. don't open that box" she said and then she walked away and out of the school.

"Maya! Wait!" he yelled and ran after her, but she started running and then he lost her.

He went back into the school and he saw Lucas. He glared at him but then spoke up.

"Did you hear everything?" he asked him.

"Yeah" Lucas said. He was gonna ask what they were talking about when they mentioned his name, but he decided that now wasn't the best time.

Farkle started at him for a second, then he told Lucas that they needed to talk others. So they headed to the library.

Once the walked into the library, they saw there friends sitting at a table looking through books.

"Guys.. we need to talk" Farkle said.

"About what?" Riley asked.

"Maya" he said.