22.

The next day after Maya left, the group decided to meet up at Topangas to talk about what's going on and what's gonna happen.

Everyone had arrived, but Lucas wasn't there yet.

"Where is he?" Riley questioned.

"He told me he was gonna come, just wait a few minutes" Zay said. Riley sighed.

5 minutes later.

Lucas had walked in casually acting like he hadn't been late and he looked terrible.

"Finally" Riley said looking at him. He gave her annoyed look.

"You okay Lucas?" Farkle asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine" he said harshly.

"Okay then, moving on. We need to talk about Maya" Riley said.

"Why? She's gonna be gone for the next 6 months. There is nothing to talk about" Lucas said.

"I kinda agree with him Riley. We can't do anything other than wait 6 months until she comes back" Farkle said.

"Yeah. I know that, but we can't just sit here and do nothing" she said.

"Well were gonna have to Riley! So deal with it"  Lucas said before getting up and leaving.

"Okay. What is his problem?" Riley asked.

"He just doesn't want to talk about her. She left and now he's just confused about everything" Zay said shrugging his shoulders.

"Did he ever open that note Maya gave him?" Isadora questioned.

"I don't know. He did say anything about it when I talked to him last night" Zay said.

"Maybe it's just supposed to be between him and Maya" Farkle pointed out.

"Yeah, I guess your right. We'll just have to wait and see if he tells us about it" Riley said.

After that they went on and talked about school and how different things were gonna be.

Lucas on the other hand, after storming out, went home.

He went straight up to his room and sat on his bed. He ran his hands over his face and sighed. He looked over at his nightstand and look at the paper that was under his phone.

After a while he moved his phone and picked up the paper. Maya's note.

He sat there for a minute looking at it before carefully opening it.

He smiled at her handwriting and then read it.

Dear Lucas,
It's been awhile. Since we last spoke to one another. Since our last interaction. Since I've last called you a name. Since I've been able to look at you without feeling guilty. You don't know how much you hurt me when you picked riding that stupid bull over me not talking to you. It's like I didn't mean anything to you at all, when you ment everything to me. You may know this by now or maybe you don't, but I'm in love with you. I wish I wasn't. But I am. I don't know if you feel the same, but at this point it doesn't matter. I never told you because I knew you and Riley had feelings for each other and I didn't want to get in the way of that. I know now that Riley doesn't like you like that anymore and she now likes someone else. Everything is such a mess right now. I'm going to a mental hospital. I don't know what's gonna happen when I get back or how I will feel. But there is one thing I do know. If you feel anything for me, at all. Don't. Move on. Don't wait for me to come back. 6 months is quite a bit of time and I want you to be happy with someone who doesn't cause you pain. I have so many problems and I don't want to drag you into them. Take care of everyone while I'm gone. I'm gonna miss you Huckleberry, a lot. I love you.

Love,
Your shortstack of pancakes <3

He frowned as he read the last part where she says to move on and his eyes started to get glossy as he read the end.

He crumpled up the piece of paper and threw it away in the empty garbage can next to his desk.

He layed back in his bed and closed his eyes thinking about everything. He was feeling so many emotions and he didn't know what to do. A few minutes later he fell asleep wondering what was gonna happen.

But this is just the beginning.

The next 6 months were going to be hell, but not just for him. For everyone in the group.