18.

A month as passed and Maya still hasn't woken up. It's been hard for everyone. Especially Lucas. He likes to be left alone and he barely talks to anyone. Zay has never seen his best friend like this before and is worried about him. Eveyone is.

Right now Lucas is visiting Maya. He had just got out of school a few minutes ago and now he's walking to Maya's hospital room.

He walks in the room and the nurse was just about to leave the room, but she stopped when she saw Lucas walk in.

"Hello Lucas"

"Hi nurse Amy. How is she today?"

"The same as yesterday and the day before that and the day before that" she said chuckling. He gave her a small smile and sat down on the chair next to Maya's bed.

"Do you think she will ever wake up?"

"Honestly, I don't know. At this point all we can do is hope" she said give him a small smile and then left the room.

Lucas held Maya's hand as he talked about his day and about how everyone is doing, like he did everyday. It was a routine for him.

He stayed for a few hours, but then he had to head home. He would usually stay until visiting hours were over, but Maya's mom and Shawn came to visit her and he wanted to let them have alone time with her.

-

Later that night Lucas couldn't sleep. He felt as somthing was going to happen and he didn't know what it was.

His friends have been texting him non stop, but he hasn't been replying. He just wanted to be left alone until he knew that Maya was awake.

Just as he was about to close his eyes, his phone rang. He was confused at first at why someone would be calling him at 11 o'clock at night, but when he picked up his phone and saw 'Maya's mom' he immediately answered and put the phone up to his ear.

"Hello"

"Lucas, Maya is awake"

"What?"

"She's awake"

"Oh my god. Am I allowed to come see her?"

"How about you come see her in the morning? She just woke up and she needs some time"

"Alright. Do the others know?"

"Yes. Some of them didn't answer so I texted them and let them know"

"Oh"

"Why are you still awake? I didn't expect you to answer"

"I had a feeling somthing might happen and I couldn't aleep"

"Well, she's awake and the doctors are doing tests to make sure she's healthy and everything so don't worry about her right now. She fine. You can come see her in the morning"

"Okay, goodnight"

"Goodnight Lucas"

After he hung up the phone he plugged it into the charger and fell asleep with a small smile on his face.

Little did he know that this was just the beginning of what's to come.