Shattered- Chapter thirty

Začít od začátku

I got in the car and started the engine. Amanda gave me a knowing look and I rolled my eyes at her causing her to laugh. I dropped her at her house and as I was about to pull out of her driveway, I got a call.

I smiled when his name flashed across the screen. "Hey."

"Hey berry."

I rolled my eyes but smiled at what he called me. "What-ever. Why'd you call?"

He laughed at my dismissal of the nickname. "Can you come over?"

"What why?"

"Please?"

"Why? Are you like dying or something?"

"Yes. You're absence is slowly and painfully killing me."

I smiled and my heart warmed, knowing that he misses me.

"Fine. But not because I miss you or anything."

"Sure." He stretched the word.

"Bye."

He laughed again, music to my ears. I pulled up at his house and knocked on the door. I watched as Brandon opened the door. I smiled at him, raising my eyebrows.

"Well aren't you a sight for sore eyes."

"Hi, Brandon."

"You know, you could easily ditch him. I'm the whole package." He flexed his 'muscles', "Just tell me when he gets out if line and boom, I'll have his head. Just let me know when you're ready to accept my offer."

"Yeah. I'll let you know."

I laughed and Andrew walked to the door, putting his hand over Brandon's face and pushing him aside.

"He's a real pain in the a-"

"Andrew!"

"What?" He laughed.

I took in his shirtless appearance and I nearly melted. His abs looked so...hot, and his hair was so messy but he made it look flawless. I couldn't help myslef when I looked a little lower. His pants was low on his hip, as always.

But the hint of green on his waist caught my attention, once again. Is it really a tattoo? How come he never told me about it? He saw my eyes lingering on his 'tattoo' and he cleared his throat.

"It's rude to stare."

I raised my eyebrow at him, "You're mine. I could stare whenever I want."

"Well when you put it like that..."

I laughed and he pulled me into a kiss. My hands rest against his bare chest as one of his hands cup my cheek while the other rested on my waist.

I bit his lip earning a groan from him. I pulled away and looked at him, "Keep your dog on a leash mister."

I walk into his house and he stood there confused for a while until he locked the door behind him and followed behind me. "Hey! That's not nice!"

I laugh and stick my tongue out at him. I follow him to his room and he closed the door. He sat at the edge of his bed, and put his television on. I sat next to him and poked at his sides, making him smile and push my hands away playfully.

"Is this a tattoo?"

He seemed to stiffen, as I ask my question. He cleared his throat, "No."

"Oh really?"

"Yes really, Jessie, now drop it."

"Why are you getting so defensive? I won't be mad if I found out you have a tattoo, you know." I folded my arms.

"Why are you still talking?"

His voice wasn't loud but it had a little edge in it. "Well I'm sorry. All I did was ask a simple question."

"And I asked you to drop it...but you didn't."

"Why are you acting up about something so silly?"

"Me? Acting up? You never know when to shut up and you ask too many damn questions!"

I flinched and scooted away from him a bit, my arms still folded, "Well I wasn't the one who asked to be your girlfriend."

He looked over at me but I refused to look at him. "Maybe it's because I love all your perfect imperfections."

He suddenly made me feel guilty. He spoke up after a few moments of awkward silence.

"Jessie, I'm sorry I yelled at you but you kept pushing the matter when I told you to stop."

I was too proud to admit that he was right so I kept my ego and said nothing, even though I knew I was being childish.

"Swallow your pride for once and say something."

I sighed, "I'm sorry," I said, not looking up from my hands.

I fumbled with my thumbs and sighed again. I looked at him and he wad already looking at me.

"And yes it's a tattoo."

I hummed in response, not having the mood to really talk to him.

"Can you say something, please?"

I never liked being yelled at, no matter who it was from. I feel as if I disappoint people and that's why they feel the need to raise their voice at me. And when someone's disappointed in you it means you haven't reached their standards, like you're not who they want you to be.

I rolled my eyes at my own silliness and scooted over to him, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Can I at least see it?"

"No."

"Why not? You think I won't like it or something? Don't worry about that. I find its placement to be very sexy."

I reached up and kissed him. He leaned back a bit, using one hand to support him while the other rested on my waist. My hands roamed and tugged at his hair. "Can I see it now?"

I started to kiss at his neck and under his ear but he pulled me away from him, "Nice try."

I pouted and he laughed.

"Whatever. I'll just ask Hailey."

He gave me a look as if warning me and I smiled, "I'm kidding...what if I ask Zack?"

"Jessie..."

"Don't worry. I wouldn't invade your privacy like that." He let out a breath.

"But if your hiding it from me it must be worth knowing."