"Hey. Proud to be a wacko, okay. If it gets my friends to laugh at serious, life shitting moments, then wacko for life dude", Dylan exclaimed. "And yes. Agree with Aiden that normal is overrated. Who wants normal in their lives? It's bo-ring".

I laughed. My friends may be wacko, but they're the best things to happen to me. These people that I am surrounded by have been my pillars of strength; have supported me no matter what the situation may be. I am so thankful to Moon Goddess to grant me these amazing friends, and Aiden.

Sensing my mood, Aiden intertwined his fingers with mine and gave it a gentle squeeze. I smiled at that simple, yet so meaningful act.

"What are you thinking?", he asked.

Yes, I've learned to efficiently block our mind link. Not because I had anything to hide, but simply because I didn't want him to know what was on my mind 24*7, and when I'm fantasizing about him. Not that I do that often.

Okay, who am I kidding.

"That I'm so lucky to have you and these silly friends in my life", I told him with a smile on my face. He smiled at that and gently raised our intertwined hands and kissed my knuckles.

"Hal, you were about to tell me the weird thing that happened this morning", Chloe reminded me.

Oh yes. But I was confused if I should tell it to Aiden. I mean he was already so stressed about this Gregory thing. And this wasn't a big deal too. It's Angeline. But maybe if it's not a big deal then I should just simply tell them. Not keep it secretive and make it a big deal.

Deciding against not telling Aiden, I told them about my encounter with Angeline.

"Strange. I bet she has something up her sleeve. Suddenly out of nowhere she comes up to and talks this weird language of hers," Aiden said.

"Aiden, buddy, it's Angeline. The no brain girl. She isn't something we can't handle. Plus, I doubt she even has the brains to do something," Dylan joked.

"Exactly. Plus she did threaten me before but didn't do anything. She's harmless. All thundering, no rain," I said.

"Still, just to be on the safe side, stay cautious of her, or for that matter anyone. We don't know who is a friend or a foe anymore. We need to stay alert", Aiden ordered us.

"Gotcha caption. Everyone, beware of Angeline. No one knows from where she'll attack, how many injuries she'll leave us with. Beware of the big bad Angeline", Dylan playfully mocked Aiden.

"I don't even know why you're my Beta", Aiden said, shaking his head, albeit with a hint of smile on his face.

"Come on. Someone on the team has to be good looking. So, to fulfill the criteria that you and Ryan can't accomplish, I am here. To save the pack with my extremely gorgeous looks." Stupid Dylan.

We all just had a blank look.

*************

Last period had just ended and I was walking towards my locker when I heard someone shouting my name. I looked back to see Adam, my friend and a member of my old pack, running towards me.

"Hey Adam. What's the matter?", I asked, perplexed as to his reason of panic.

"Haley. Don't go to your locker", he said.

"Why?", I asked him.

"Earlier I saw Angeline near your locker. I don't know if she has done something or not to your locker but considering the current circumstances, we need to be careful at all times.", he said.

Angeline near my locker? Why was she there? What did she do? I quickly mind linked Aiden and informed him who warned me to stay away from the locker.

Even after Aiden's warning I couldn't stay away from my locker. Curiosity got the best of me. I know, I know, curiosity killed the cat. But I'm not a cat. I'm a werewolf. Lame, I know but my mind's not in the right position.

'Was it ever?', my wolf said, rolling her eyes.

'Hey. Stop with those snide remarks, girl.'

I stepped near my locker and started examining it. It looked perfectly fine to me. Was there even something wrong with it or were we just over thinking?

Tentatively I reached out to the lock when I heard a loud scream just behind me which startled me. With a hand on my heart to calm it, I turned around to see Dylan, Chloe, Sophie and Ryan there.

"Why? Why would you guys scream like that and give me a heart attack?", I mumbled.

"If it would have been any other situation, that would have been so funny. But not right now. Are you crazy? Why would you wanna do that when you know all about the impending danger on us, specially you?", Dylan said, and everyone nodding in agreement.

Knowing I shouldn't have done that, I smiled sheepishly and said, "I just wanted to check that are we in real danger or it's just a false alarm."

I just received glares in return.

"Aiden, where is he?", I asked them.

"Oh he just went to his locker to keep his project as it was near the classroom. He said or more like ordered us to wait here with you and not do anything stupid", glaring at me Chloe added, "like you were about to, till he comes and checks."

Stupid Alpha and his over-protectiveness.

I heard chuckles. 'Missing me already? Them girls, can not live without this sexy piece of meat'. I heard him through the mind link.

Rolling my eyes I replied, 'Them girls? Them? More than one? Don't even talk about other girls to me. Oh you're so dead, Mister.'

To which he only replied with his laughter, his amazing, heart warming laughter, that never fails to bring a smile on my face.

"Don't do that. You look so creepy", Sophie said with a mock shudder.

I raised my eyebrows at her.

"That smile. Don't smile like a weirdo for no reason, that too at a moment like this", she explained.

Rolling my eyes at her, I turned towards my locker again.

Maybe this will turn into my biggest mistake, maybe it can cost me my life, but I'm glad that she targeted me directly, not through others, because I would hate to see the people I love get hurt. And that's why I need to face this problem heads on, face her heads on and let her know that I'm not afraid of a human like her, or anyone for that matter.

Just as I raised my hand to reach the lock a sudden burning sensation passed through me. It was too painful, like poison flowing within me. I couldn't shout, couldn't do anything. Even breathing became difficult. It felt like a thousand needles being stuck in my heart, my heart was what hurt the most.

It all happened in slow motion. I fell on the floor with my panicked friends hovering over me, saying things I couldn't decipher at the moment. Chloe held my head in her hands and shouted with tears streaming down her face, but I couldn't make sense of what she was saying.

My wolf only wanted one person right now, one person who wasn't responding to her. And in that moment I realized.

I realized that it wasn't me who was attacked, but Aiden. I was just feeling what he was feeling.

What is happening to Aiden?

-----------------
A/N: Yes, it is an update. And Sorry again for this very late update.

Btw, did you guys think that the story would take this turn?
What is your take on this new turn of events? Did you like it?

Do let me know your thoughts, I love them.

Virtual hugs, chocolates and ice-creams for all my readers.

Don't forget to

VOTE
COMMENT