Chapter 20

I was getting bored so I decided to join Aiden in the training ground. I wore a black spandex, a black tank top and tied my hair up in a ponytail. After tying up my shoelaces, I started walking towards the ground that was at the backside of the packhouse.

A lot of men and women were training around. My eyes automatically landed on Aiden who was a sight to see in only his training pants and bare upper body, tiny beads of sweat adorning his whole body, training with another pack member.

His eyes connected with mine and he sent a wink my way.

A wink by my mate, Aiden, fighting, bare chested, adorned with sweat.

Guess what happened to my heart? Yep, went into overdrive mode.

I rolled my eyes at him but my body betrayed me. I could sense the heat creeping up my cheeks.

Damn my body.
Damn this blush.
Damn that wink.
Damn that stupid Alpha.

In the blink of an eye Greg came to my side and with a weird gleam in his eyes said, "Welcome Luna to our training. Would you like to join us, in maybe, a one-on-one perhaps?"

"Why would the Luna fight?", said another pack member, John, if I remember correctly.

"Why won't the Luna fight?", came the powerful, authoritative voice of Aiden.

My heart swelled up seeing his support towards me. Well, I was a feminist at heart so it couldn't get any better than my mate supporting me, supporting and encouraging all the females and their various capabilities.

John bowed his head and spoke, "Pardon Alpha. What I simply meant was that we are always there for Luna to protect her and make sure never a situation arises when the Luna has to take part in fight, combat specially.

I smiled seeing the love, care and loyalty of these people.

"I understand your concern, John. But I believe in taking care of myself. Every female is capable to take care of herself and her family. And well, this is my family. And I'm very much capable of fighting my battles on my own.", I spoke with a smile and saw Aiden smiling at me.

John smiled, bowed and took a few steps back, indicating he agreed to what I said.

"Lily, I want you to fight against Haley.", said Aiden and then turned towards me with a smirk. "She's one of the best female fighters of our packs."

I smirked back. "Bring it on". She may be the best, but she could never compare, my Alpha blood and my best of the class training.

Lily came towards me with a smile and then we both started our fight on Alpha's commands.

******

And with a final, roundabout kick to her stomach, I stepped back, triumphant. It wasn't that she wasn't good, on the contrary, she was an excellent fighter, but I was simply the best.

'You're bragging', I said to my wolf.

'Well, it's not bragging if it's true.', she retorted right back.

Gotta agree with you on this one.

I looked towards Aiden and my heart swelled up even more with pride and giddiness. His eyes held amusement, adoration and pride. He was feeling proud because of me and I couldn't help but do a small mental happy dance because of this giddy feeling.

"Hey Alpha!", I called out. "How about you and me and a fight? Bet I can beat up that ass of yours".

Suddenly loud gasps erupted all around from me.