Chapter 24

Mondays are the worst days. Cannot, do not want to do deal with it. But have to. Opening my locker I took out the books I needed for my first period class.

This weekend was a lot too much for us. Doesn't make sense, just like my head right now. The other meeting with the pack psychologist didn't make any more progress than what we had already figured. I guess to really get into someone's head, you got to meet them. 

All of us had a rough week, Aiden more than anyone. He was always so worried and alert, no matter how well he hid it, I saw it right through his facade. I was thinking of ways to distract him, to lift up his mood, but couldn't figure out good and un-lame ideas, idea both my wolf and I could agree upon.

'Knowing you, it isn't much of a surprise that all your ideas are laaame', taunted my wolf.

'Shut up, shut up, shut up. If my ideas are so lame then why don't you give us some.'

'I did. Just pounce on him. Jump him. Do it girl, do it. Mate with him. The best way to lift up his mood', wolfie me said.

I face palmed. She has been giving me this idea since I started looking for one. Closing my locker I jumped in shock when I saw who was standing behind it. In this stupid conversation with my wolf, I didn't realize her presence.

Plastering a fake smile on my face, I said, "Oh wow. What an amazing surprise. It's been so long since I saw that kids' colouring book face of yours, Angeline".

With a smile equally as fake as mine she replied, "Ah Haley. Always a pleasure."

"Let's cut to the chase, shall we? Why are you here?" I hate being rude, but come on, it's Angeline I'm talking to right now. Can't blame me for being rude.

Even after my rudeness, her smile, oops, fake smile didn't falter.

"Just wanted to give you a heads up and to see the smile on your face before it vanishes". Leaving those cryptic words hanging in the air, she walked away, bumping her shoulder with mine on the way.

I hate her so much. But what was she trying to say? Why do I have the lucky chance to encounter morons like these in my life? I am so not in the mood right now to decode her threat. It's best if I go to my class right now and concentrate.

***********

Needless to say, I couldn't concentrate in any of my classes. I was walking towards the cafeteria, it being lunch time right now.

"Haley. Where have you been all morning? Haven't seen you at all today", Chloe said, catching up to me.

"Classes", I replied. "A weird thing happened today morning".

She laughed. "Really? Is something not weird in your life anymore?"

"When I have friends like you and Dylan, then no. The word normal has just flown out of my dictionary now", I replied.

"Hey. We're awesome friends, okay", she said, lightly punching my arm.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever floats your boat", I said while we reached our table. And then we both started laughing.

"What are you girls laughing about? We wanna laugh too," Dylan asked while Chloe and I sat on our seats besides our mates.

Aiden turned towards me and kissed me lightly.

Answering Dylan's question I said, "We were just talking about how wacko my friends are and how not normal my life has become."

"Agree with you on our friends being wacko. Although I think normal's overrated, Hal. Weird is fun", Aiden said, laughing.