Chapter 6

Today's Wednesday. Two days after Aiden asked me to move in with him and join his pack.

I informed him yesterday that I've agreed to his plan of joining his pack. He just said 'Good' and gave me a curt nod and walked away.

He's soo infuriating. One of these days he'll kill me, but not before I kill him first. Just two things helped me to go on, the pack and my plan.

I have to move in with him this weekend. I was packing my stuff when mom came in.

I'm pretty close to my family. When I told them about my decision of moving, I also told them my plan. They all laughed and smirked and prayed for Aiden's safety. Dad even gave a pat on my back and said that he's proud of me. And well, they advised me not to kill him though.

She started helping me pack.
"You do know you can't kill him, right?", she said laughing. But I could sense a bit of sadness and worry in her tone. But it was for me.

Yesterday she told me that she was a bit sad, yet happy. The emotional mom stuff, daughter found mate, now moving. She even made me emotional and we sat hugging each other and crying for like half an hour.

"Mom! But killing him sure doesn't sound bad. I will look into it", I joked.

"Hal, people sometimes build a wall around themselves to protect what's inside. The real them, who they really are, is locked up inside those walls. Sometimes there's more to a story than what simply meets the eye. Sometimes we've got to dig deeper to see what's there on the inside. I'm totally with you on the whole payback thing, but you also need to try to dig a bit deeper. Get to know the real Aiden McCall. Because I'm sure, this one's just a shell", she said softly.

I just gave her a small smile, because I didn't know what to say to that. To an extent even I agree with her.

Maybe, maybe Aiden McCall is not what he seems to be. Maybe inside all those layers and walls, there is a heart. Maybe I need to break those walls to bring out the REAL Aiden McCall.

But it's gonna need a lot of hammers and strength to break those walls. Is he even worth all that trouble?

'He is, our mate is worth everything',
my wolf whispered.

***********************
(Thursday)

I was in my car with Chloe, going to school.
"Tomorrow we've organized a party", she said and began listing things on her fingers, "Your going away party, you found your mate party, we wish you a happy life ahead party, all in one."
I was to move in on Saturday.

I chuckled, "So happy to send me away, huh.. !"

"Oh yes", she joked. "Finally getting rid of the devil."

"Oh, now I'm someone else's Devil", I smirked.

We reached there. I parked and we got off the car. There standing in all his glory, near the school gates was the Alpha, Aiden McCall, with his gang.

It was still a shock not to see him with a girl. Since the start of this week, he hasn't been seen getting intimate with any girl, which trust me, is a huge, huge shock, not only for me but for all the students of Bay Park High.

Chloe nudged me and pointed towards Angeline Williams, the biggest *cough* slut *cough*, of our school. Female counterpart of Aiden in terms of whoring around, but just not a werewolf. She was a human.
            We were like fire and ice. We never got along. I mean as long as I can remember, we've always been kind of enemies, and I don't specifically know why.

She was heading towards Aiden, in a very seductive, flirtatious way, with all her assets-which I must say, clearly aren't natural, all praises should go to her cosmetic surgeon- on display.

She went up to him and leaned her mouth towards his ear, whispering something very seductively in his ear, while rubbing all of her upper body against him.

He had even been ignoring Angeline and her pathetic attempts of seducing him.
It was clear Angeline was getting frustrated, all her attempts being futile this week.

I was happy he didn't pay any attention to her, but what angered me was that he wasn't pushing her away either. Just acting indifferent won't make her back off you idiot. I mean, dude, she's Angeline. She can't get the 'hint' that no one's interested in her.

I think today my wolf decided it was enough. Before I knew what was happening, I had already started walking towards them, my wolf taking over.

I pulled her away from him with so much strength that I almost banged her against the wall.

"What's your problem Haley Anderson?", she sneered.

"Can't you see he's definitely not interested in you. I mean, get a hint girl. And probably check up on ebay if they sell life. Get a life too.", I smirked.

"How dare you talk to me like that. You.... You.. Skank.", she hissed in anger and pointed her finger towards me.

"Well, well, well. It's like the pot calling the kettle black. Oh, but no, you aren't a pot, because you sure look like you miss your colouring book. How do you do your makeup? Use brushes or just dip your face in the paint", I said.

My eyes moved towards Aiden. He had a hint of amusement on his face. He was certainly enjoying this. Well you and me both, and all of the Bay Park High.

It was kind of fun engaging with her in a conversation, or a 'fight' like this, as she certainly lacked in the brain department. It was fun watching her loose her cool so easily.

"You are the spawn of Devil. Who let you loose from hell?", she snapped.

"Well sweetie, I'm the Devil itself, Don'tcha know? " I smirked and told her that in the way you talk to little kids, when trying to explain them something.
"Angeline, sweetie, I would really love to stand here and challenge you further in the battle of wits, but I see you're unarmed. So, I think I better go. But better luck next time", I smirked, winked at her and then walked inside the school.

Chloe joined me laughing. "Its always so entertaining, the Haley-Angeline encounters."

I laughed along with her.

"Her face after you left, priceless. I wish I could take a picture of that. But not to worry. I'm sure it will be on YouTube in a couple of minutes. A lot of people were recording it. Anyway, did you see Aiden's face?", she asked.

Now this intrigued me. "Why?"

"The entire conversation he was staring at you so hard. Not even a blink towards Angeline or anyone. And so many emotions passed through his face-amusement, pride, even lust, but then anger, pain and sadness. And when you walked away, kaboom, expressionless."

-------------------------------------------
A/N: Only a filler chapter, but a long one though. Some information, introduction of a new character.
BTW, did you like Angeline?? 
*evil smirk*

VOTE
COMMENT