Chapter 13

I constantly tossed and turned in my bed. Sleep seemed to have evaded me these past few days since I've got here. There was something inside me that prevented me from sleeping. A feeling of restlessness, incompleteness, something amiss, although I knew what it was. I've met my mate and its been quite some time, yet I haven't been marked my him. At nights I get this very strong urge to cry, to just shout, howl, to let everything out, but I refuse to cry and give him this satisfaction.

My wolf has been begging for a run, to be let loose. I haven't even gone on a run since I've been here because I didn't know the boundaries earlier, but now I do and I think a run would do good to us since even I wasn't able to sleep.

Very quietly I made my way downstairs and got out through the backdoor. I removed my clothes behind a tree so that it doesn't get torn when I shift. I quickly shifted and ran in the forest. I felt free, the wind hitting my face as I ran, making me feel alive.

Even after all these pranks I've played on him, there isn't a feeling of satisfaction. Not even what happened yesterday at the dining table could fill the void.

But I still have hope, that one day, I will have my fairytale ending. I will get the love I deserve from my mate, from Aiden. You may ask why do I still have this hope despite of Aiden's mostly cold demeanor towards me. You know I once read a quote in a book- The Mischievous Mrs. Maxfield by ninyatippet on wattpad. It says- "Hope is not about seeing something you want within reach. It's trusting that it's there when you can't see it at all." Even though I can't see his love right now, but I have hope that it is there, and one day I will be able to see it.

But that doesn't mean I'm not irritated or like the way he treats me. Because I am, and I hit back too. So we're equal right now on that case.

I saw a worried looking Aiden pacing the back patio when I returned back to the pack house. He saw me and let out a loud sigh.

"Where were you? You had to run in the middle of the night?", he said, a bit frustrated, handing me my clothes that I had left behind when I shifted.

I took the clothes and went behind a tree, shifted and wore them. As soon as I came out he started whisper yelling. "You know how worried sick I was when I went up to your room to check up on you as usual and you weren't there? With that whole red box and letter thing I got even more worried."

Check up on me as usual? He checks up on me every day, or night, I mean. Sweet. But back to the present Hal.

"So that means I can't even go anywhere now, can I?". Well he's being unreasonable, can you blame me for snapping back.

"No, but atleast inform me. If something happens to you, I'll.." he stopped, blinked and after a few seconds said again, "I'm answerable, because you're in my territory", he said.

Why, why does it hurt every damn time he opens up his mouth. I thought he was genuinely worried about me this whole time. But it seems like the only thing he's worried about is how he'll explain it to everyone if something happens to me. "Well, I don't care. You're not my boss and I don't need your permission to do anything I want to", I snapped.

Suddenly he was right in front of me and looking me in the eye he said, "I may not be your boss, but I'm your Alpha and your mate.", he hissed.

That was the first time ever he acknowledged and said that he was my mate without adding a but-i-don't-want-that line. I think he realized that too and suddenly his eyes widened but he didn't move.

"Damn right you're my mate. But when are you going to treat me like one? Do not expect me to acknowledge your power and rights as my mate when you don't accept me as yours.", I said, looking directly in his eyes, conveying it to him that I'm not going to back out.