Chapter 7

Right now I'm selecting a dress for the party the pack is throwing for me tonight. The door of my room opened and Chloe came in.

"Hal, what are you planning to wear tonight? Something sexy I hope?", she asked.
"Nope Chloe. Nothing sexy. I don't think I need to be sexy tonight.", I replied, much to her dismay.

Just then my brother barged in.

"Hey Hal, no sexy for tonight. Or for that matter, ever. You're my sister, you're meant to be like a monkey, not sexy", he said, making a weird face.

Yup, that for you, ladies and gentlemen, is my dear bro, Scott.

Chloe started laughing while I scowled.

"You Idiot! You're my brother. If I'm a monkey, then you're one too.", lame comeback, but yeah whatever.  "Anyway, why are you here? What do you want?", I asked.

He raised both his hands up in a defensive pose. "Hey! Can't a bro come talk to his sis? My sister doesn't want to talk to me.! What have I done to deserve this hatred from my sis?", he said dramatically clutching his chest and wiping fake tears.

"Omg, I can't believe this Idiot will be the future Alpha", I muttered.

"I will ignore that comment and just give you this. Its just a little going away present from me. I know you're not going to be that far and that we'll meet everyday at school, but still, consider this as my way of saying sorry for being annoying for all these years", he said while scratching his neck.

I looked down at the wrapped up gift in my hand. He wasn't a person to express his emotions much, so this must have been a bit uncomfortable for him, which was kind of evident right now with the way he was scratching his neck and moving from foot to foot.

I unwrapped it cautiously, hoping nothing would come out and hit me.

On seeing the gift both Chloe and I gasped. It was wonderful.

A big, cute photoframe with a collage of photos of him and me together, our family photos, baby pics, me and Chloe together.
My heart swelled up upon seeing the gift. I hugged my li'l bro.

"Thank you Scotty. I love it. Its simply amazing." I said.

"Um.. You're welcome. You know, I wish I could say I'll miss you tons, but I can't. Because I won't. Finally, no annoying sis to trouble me. Chloe, turn 18 fast and find your mate too. Then, this pack will be like heaven without both of you partner in crimes,". And Scott's back.

We both gasped and started hitting him. We all sat there laughing after we stopped hitting Scott.

"Now I'll go and leave you ladies to get ready for the party", he said while going out. He stopped at the door and turned around. "Which by the way, starts in about 50 minutes. Adios ladies. Get ready fast.", he went away snickering.

Chloe gasped again.

"Omg, we need to find you a sexy dress asap.", she said.

I was confused. I did just say no sexy, but she still was adamant on making me sexy tonight. She probably saw the look of confusion in my face and sighed.

"Look, except your parents, Scott, you, me and Aiden, no one else knows what's going b/w you too. And your parents want it to remain that way, since it will give you both privacy from other prying people. As this party isn't a formal one, just teenager stuff, therefore the Blood Moon's invited too. And obviously, as it is for you and your mate, so Aiden's gonna be there too. And", she got that mischievous kind of smile on her face and that glint in her eyes, "We'll make you extra sexy tonight to make him see what he's missing. Plus, you could start your plan from today."