Chapter 21

It's suddenly so hot. Suddenly there's fire all around me, surrounding me, burning me. I can't get out. I cry for help. I scream, I shout. I'm kicking my hands and legs. Somebody please get me out. I can't breathe. The fire's getting closer to me. About to consume me.

"Help", I open my eyes with a scream and find Chloe staring at me hysterically.

"Haley, Haley. What happened?" Then with a soft voice she said, "Bad dream, Haley. It was just a bad dream."

My head's hurting and it still feels as if I'm on fire. Still I gently nod at Chloe. I tell her about how I'm feeling​.

"I don't know why Chloe, am I feeling like this. Werewolves aren't supposed to fall ill that easily."

She smiled at me but I could she the worry behind her eyes.

"It'll be okay, Haley. Don't worry. I'm just gonna go to the pack doc and get you some medicines. You just stay here, okay?", She said.

I nodded. "What time is it, Chloe?", I ask her.

"7:30"

"Shit, Chloe. School." I hurried out of my bed but I stumbled and Chloe was beside me in an instant to help me up. My legs felt weak. Too weak to even stand.

"Hal, no. You can't go to school in this condition", she chided.

"But Chloe, I have an important presentation to give today. I can't​ miss it", I tell her.

She just shakes her head. "No means a no, Hal. Just look at your condition right now. You'll have to call in sick", she said, giving me those stern Chloe eyes, that meant she means business.

Suddenly a bout of pain courses through me. I shout and curl up in Chloe's arms.

"Haley, just lie down, girl. I'll go talk to the doc about this.'

"Chloe, please listen to me. I don't know how much time do I have left, but I really wanna tell you something", I reach out to her and grab her hands.

"Shh, Haley. What are you talking about. Nothing's gonna happen. Let me just call Dylan through the mind link. He'll call the doc and you'll be okay. I promise​ you that, Haley. Just don't leave me."

"It's okay, Chloe. Just always remember that I love you, Chloe. You were and always be my best friend. And tell Dylan, even though he's such a goof, I adore him. Tell everyone I love them too. Tell Aiden that I'll always love him. Tell him to move on and I hope that he'll get someone to love him. But tell him to remember me at times. Tell my parents and brother how much I love them."

Pain courses through my body again. "Chloe, I think.. I think my time has come. Tell everyone I said goodbye."

By now both Chloe and I are crying.

Just then Dylan enters and he rushes to me. "What's happening to you, Haley?" He asks and places his hand on my shoulder.

I wince at his touch. It feels as if I'm being burnt where he touched. Not the good kind of burn, though.

"Don't worry Haley. I've informed the doc and Aiden. They'll be here soon."

After a few painful moments Aiden arrives.

His smell immediately calms down my wolf but she urges me to just hold him, kiss him, do all kinds of stuff to him.

'Now is not the time for this. Can you please get all naughty when I'm not in this much pain?', I reprimand her.

'I'm in pain too, girl. But I just want to be with my mate. What's wrong in this?', she asks.

'Your thoughts are wrong here. Your intentions are.'