Chapter 12

My room was trashed. I couldn't see an inch of my wall. They were all covered in posters of half naked women, showing off almost all of their assets. From my ceiling hung weird party decorations- paper strings, Christmas stars, mistletoe, even just old newspaper bits. The floor was covered in wrappers of junk food, torn off newspaper and other paper bits. Even my bed covered in all this crap.

I just wanted to rush over to Aiden and bite his head off, literally.

'Deep breaths. Inhale, exhale. Calm down. Do you think just shouting at him will do anything. Think of a better comeback. Strike back at him with the thing that'll hit him the most', said my wolf.

She was right. I need the right moment to strike back and till then I'll act like it didn't affect me at all.

Ok, now I have to clean up this room.  I can't do this all alone and I'm tired too. So I decided to ask Sophia for help. I went up to her room and knocked.

"Hal, hey. What's up?", she asked after opening the door.

"Umm.. I kind of need your help to clean my room", I said. A look of confusion came on her face. I trusted her so I told her everything. Plus I needed an accomplice in this house for all my future endeavours.

Once I told her everything, the expression on her face was weird. Mix of amusement, sympathy, anger and shock.

"Woah. I don't know what to do. To go over to Aiden and bitch slap him to get some sense knocked up in his head or to laugh at how you both are behaving like little kids by doing all this hilarious stuff or give an everything-will-get-better talk.", she said. "Well, for now lets help you clean your room and you tell me what's going to be your next step".
"I don't have an actual plan yet. Just kind of an idea.", I told her while going back to my room.

When we reached our room she gasped. "Holly schmoolly. This is going to take a little time to clean up. So lets get started", she said.

I started taking out the posters from the walk while she started picking up trash from the floor and putting it in the dustbin.

After some time she called out to me.
"Hal, what's this! It was lying on the floor and has your name on it."

I turned around to see Soph holding a little red box in her hands, a box that wasn't mine but in my room.

"It's not mine", I said, confused.

"Here, open it and see. Maybe Aiden left it for you.", she said giving me the box.

We both sat in my bed and I opened the box. It had some odd things inside it.

A few strands of hair, which had my scent, a pencil I lost a few days ago in school, a piece of paper with my handwriting on it which I recognized- a paper I tore it from my notebook and threw it in the dustbin after my math class as the answer was wrong.

"Gosh, what is all this?", she asked, as shocked as I was.

I explained to her that it all belonged to me. "This is creepy to say the least. I can't believe Aiden will stoop down to this level of crazy and creepiness", I said.

There was another folded up piece of red coloured paper in the box. Soph opened it to reveal something printed on it. She read it out loud.

"Don't worry, my love. I will rescue you from that miserable life and soon you will be mine.
                                Your Love <3 "

"I think Aiden's gone too far this time. This was certainly not needed.", I said, but deep down I kind of had a feeling that this was not Aiden.

"I don't know why would Aiden do this. Just to creep you out? Don't you think it's a bit too much, even for him?", she asked. I think even she doubted that this was Aiden's doing.