Chapter 4

"Hey I'm tired now. I want my cheesy love right now, now, NOW", I said, done with all the shopping, carrying too many bags in my hand. Chloe chuckled and said "Yeah lets go eat now."

We went to the food court. "Hal, can you please go order. my feet are killing me in these heels. Please..!!" she said with that cute puppy dog face.

"Who told you to wear heels when going shopping, huh? Your fault your feet are hurting right now. But just because I'm an amazing person and you're my best friend, I'm gonna go order" I replied. She rolled her eyes and told me what she wanted and I went to order our food.

Suddenly I felt that electricity and smelled that amazing scent again. My wolf became all jumpy at the sign of our mate being around.

I scanned the food court and saw another desperate chick sucking off MY mate's face.

Surprisingly, the only thing I felt was numbness. I had no energy or emotions left to feel anything towards my mate and his endeavours. I was numb. No more tears left to cry. Suddenly his eyes opened and connected with mine, with them still sucking off each other's faces.

The Alpha blood flowing inside of me refused to show how much he had hurt me, broken me. It helped me to walk ahead with my head held high.

I was walking back to our table with the tray of our orders in my hand. I looked around for him but couldn't find them anymore. I snorted. Coward. Ran away at the sight of me.

Maybe even he felt the pain caused by the mate bond at our sight-said my wolf.

Even if he did feel the pain, what did he decide to do for it? Run away like a coward instead of facing it. That shut my wolf up indicating she was agreeing with me.

I went to our table and placed Chloe's order in front of her. I sat down across Chloe.

"Something happened. I can see it in your eyes. Wanna talk", she said.

I told her what I just saw.

"That guy. Kissing some girl while still looking at you. Some nerves he got", she said angrily.

"But I couldn't find him while coming back. He ran off. Idiot Coward", I said.

"I don't know what's wrong with this guy. Wants to show you he doesn't care but can't even stand being near you. Is it because of the mate bond?", she asked.

"Maybe." I said. " Maybe the mate bond is also causing him pain but he doesn't want me. He wants to stay away from me. He chose not to be with his mate. You know what they say, Old habits die hard. Once a player, Always a Player."

***************************************************

I was coming out of my second period class- Physics, which I had with Aiden. But he wasn't there today. Usually he was found with some or the other girl being all touchy touchy in the hallways, but surprisingly, not today. I guess he skipped school.

Is he okay? Well, he can't be really sick, being a werewolf and an Alpha at that. Then why? Well i don't care. I don't care if he's absent or present. I don't care about him at all.

Yeah, You don't, said my wolf, snorting.

I don't and your sarcasm is neither appreciated nor needed, thank you very much, I replied to her.

*******************

I couldn't find Chloe at her locker at lunch so I went to the cafeteria to look for her. I couldn't find her there either. I was about to mind link her but she bet me to it.

'Hal, where are you? I um.. kind of need to.. talk to you. Meet me on the bleachers near the field. ' Chloe said.
What does she want to talk to me about that can't be done here. And why was she stuttering?

I went to the field. As I was approaching the bleachers I saw two silhouettes. One was Chloe, the other Him. Yes, he's now the one who cannot be named. After all this, I refuse to call him by his name.
To say I was shocked would be an understatement. Rage filled me. I snapped.

"Chloe what the hell are you doing with HIM?" I pointed towards him and scowled when I said Him. "What do you want to talk about? Is it about Him?" I saw him flinch and a hint of pain in his eyes by the amount of hatred with which I yelled Him. But his expression quickly became stoic again.
"Well.. Umm.. You see.."

"I want to talk to you", he cut off Chloe.

"I don't think anything's left to talk between us after all your endeavours. Oh, wait. Do you wanna reject me. Because if you are going to, then I suggest you do that quickly, I can't waste my entire lunch period, you know. A girl needs to eat." I said.

"A girl needs her mate too" Chloe whispered, but obviously we heard her.
Her eyes widened as she realised that she had said that out loud. She raised both her hands up in surrender as if to say I'm innocent and stumbled backwards. "I'm out of here. You guys both talk about whatever you guys have to talk about. And yes, now I'm gonna shut my mouth and run outta here." And she ran off into the school. It was funny seeing her panicking like this.

But one look at Mr. Big Shot, stoic Alpha and all my laughter died down inside.
I raised my eyebrow, "You wanted to talk. Well, I'm all ears right now. Talk fast. Tick tock, time's running out."

He glared at me, ran his fingers through his hair and grumbled "This is going to be more difficult than what I had thought. Hope I don't loose my patience first."

Now it was my turn to glare at him. I raised my eyebrow and gave him the look that said 'Well, Go on, Start'.

"I need you", he said.

------------------------
A/N: Well well well.. Look he needs her. But for what?