Chapter 22

Do you know that feeling, where you're lost, you don't know what's happening but there's this weird feeling in your tummy, something that just doesn't give you a danger alarm, but a feeling that you're gonna be home soon.

No? Never felt that? Well, me neither, before. But I was kind of getting that feeling now. I just woke up, like out of the slumber, but eyes still closed, not out of the unconscious stage. I could feel someone's touch on my head, leaving sparks everywhere, making me crave for more, yet satisfying.

I buried my head deep in my pillow. I don't know why, but my pillow felt extra comfy today and smelt way too good.

I don't know what compelled me to do what I did next, but I just bit my pillow. Weird, I know. But you know what's even weirder? The fact that my pillow screamed.

Yes, it screamed. Horrified, I got up so fast that I felt dizzy for a second and had to hold my head. When my vision cleared, I saw what made the noise, or rather who. No, it wasn't my pillow, nor even a ghost, but my mate, Aiden.

"Why did you scream?", I asked him, still a bit horrified.

"Why would you bite me, crazy woman?", he screeched, mirroring my expression.

"I... I..", I stumbled over my words and with a sheepish expression said, "The scent of the pillow was just calling out to me, you know. And I couldn't refuse it now, can I? I mean it would have felt offended and what if it got angry at me, then I won't have anything to sleep on at night. I need my pillow to sleep, you know."

When I finished my rant, I noticed Aiden looking at me with amusement written all over his face. He dragged his hand down his face, let out a long sigh, looked upward and said, "Why Moon Goddess, why? Why pair me up with this crazy lady?" Then looking at me he said, "Tell me truthfully Haley, were you dropped as a kid? Gosh girl, you talk so much".

With a war cry I jumped on him, "You idiotic piece of shit", straddling him, I started hitting him with my arms. "How can you say that? Well, yes, yes, I was dropped as a kid. But in a pool of awesomeness, you know" and flipped my hair.

Chuckling, Aiden brought his lips to mine and captured them and me in a captivating, enchanting kiss. Parting our lips, he pressed his forehead to mine, "Gosh, I was so concerned about you. Don't you ever pass out on me again like that. You literally almost gave me a heart attack, you silly girl."

Dreading what was to come next, I asked him what was going on in the back of my mind all this time. "What happened back then, Aiden?"

He bit his lip. "Please, tell me, Aiden".

"You're in heat, right. Your scent attracted Gregory and he tried to... to rape you," he said, choking at the word, rape. "I heard your screams and could feel you in trouble, I came running up to your room and beat him, but you passed out."

I knew something was wrong with Gregory, but he would do something like this, well I'm not much shocked, a little but not much. But I could feel my anger burn. In fact, I could actually feel my whole body burn. Then I felt cold, yet warm fingers, don't ask me how, on my cheek.

"You scared the shit out of me. You know I just wanted to kill that Gregory right there and then. But Dylan stopped me. But we've put him in the dungeons and will deal with him later."

I nodded. Now that the Aiden induced adrenalin was wearing out, I felt droopy. The heat that was flowing throughout my body turned slowly into pain. The pain increased so much that it was intolerable.

Noticing my discomfort Aiden hugged me, tight and began threading his fingers through my hair.

"It's all going to be okay soon. Only one more day, baby. Just one."