Chapter 9

After that, what according to me was a little moment we had, Dylan came to us to introduce me to some other people of their pack. I think he knew about the situation between Aiden and me, that is why he was introducing us to others as the most lovey-dovey couple and winking at us as it was making both Aiden and I uncomfortable.

Just then the music stopped and the DJ's voice came through the speakers, "There's been a special request and on behalf of everyone here, may I ask the Alpha and his mate to come up on the dance floor for their special dance?"

What! I wasn't expecting that. And then I saw my friends winking and Aiden's friends were with them too. Oh, so it was their decision. They are soo gonna get it from me.

I expected that Aiden will reject that request. So it came as a surprise to me when he put his arm around my waist and led me to the centre of the dance floor.

You and Me by Lifehouse started playing. He turned me towards himself and put my arms around his neck and placed his on my waist. We started swaying to the rhythm with my head down, trying to avoid eye contact with him and ignore the tingles I felt while dancing.

'Cause it's you and me and all of the people
With nothing to do, nothing to prove
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off of you'

I couldn't help but look up at Aiden when this part of the song came. He was looking at me intently. When I looked up, our eyes connected and I was taken aback by that intense look he had in his eyes. I could imagine him saying those words to me himself, his eyes were that intense.

We were staring at each other's eyes when the song finished and everyone started clapping and hooting bringing us out of our reverie.

Love me like you do by Elle Goulding started playing. Other people joined us too and we kept dancing because it would have been kind of rude to leave just after our song and not be there for a bit more time.

I wanted to talk to him about what just happened before but I couldn't muster up the courage to do so and I knew that I wouldn't get a straight answer anyway.

"What are you thinking?", he asked.

"Umm.. Nothing."

"You were thinking something. I bet you were thinking about me.", he said.

Wait, what? How did he know that I was..

"About how incredibly hot I am. How much you want me, and how you don't want to let go of me.", he said with a cocky smirk.

Oh..! Thank god... Oh what? Cocky jerk !

I immediately pulled my hands away from his neck but he held onto my wrist tightly and didn't let go, no matter how much I tried to pull my hands away from his grip.

"What? You are the one who wanted me to let go of you. I was just doing that? What's the problem now?", I asked.

"I never said that. Nope. Don't put words in my mouth girl.", he smirked.

I can never get him. What does he want from me? One minute he's sweet and nice, we have a bit of a moment and then bam, the next minute he's back to being a jerk. And then comments like 'I never said that'. Now what do I think of that? What kind of mind games is the guy playing with me? I'm getting confused with all these mixed signals he's been giving me.

Irritated I stabbed his foot with the heel of my stilettoes. I stabbed a bit hard because he was wearing his dress shoes but didn't expect it to hurt a lot. I think because I hit him suddenly, out of nowhere and a bit hard too, he jumped up a bit and yelled, not too loud so others couldn't hear him.