Kids At Sheridan

Elliot's POV:
"ELLIOT. Fucking stop moving." A pretty girl spat in my face.

A shudder went up my spine and I immediately did as she told. She was pretty but vicious.
I could smell her foul breath coming out from her mouth.

Yes, she smoked.
I was 17 but she's a freshman here in Sheridan High School.
She's literally 14, about to turn 15.

I'm getting bullied by a goddamn freshman.
Well, to tell the truth, as soon as I transferred, I've got my head stuffed in the toilet.

The reason?
Pft, like I know.

"PAY ATTENTION." She screeched in my ear, chewing gum furiously beside me.
Apparently they're trying to shave my head right now.

I want to run.
I really do.
But as soon as I take a single step away from them, I'm going to get 50 new bruises by tomorrow.
So no thank you.

Life over hair.

I held my breath in to block the smell from her mouth, and squirmed underneath her hands that was preparing to scrape my hair off.

Everyone gathered around us, pointing fingers at my face and laughing.
This school...
Some looked nervous as if it was their own head, but they didn't step up to help me.
Instead they backed away like cowards.
A coward like me, who can't even stand up for myself.

I was going to lose my hair today, I'm sure of it.

"Ladies and Gents." She broadcasted.
"Today I, Mia Opac, will make sure this pathetic fool gets what he deserves for being a burden to this world."

I jumped up startled as the girl laughed wickedly, shaving my head of hair off little by little.
Really, I felt tears pressuring at the corners of my eyes. They threatened to come streaming out but I didn't want it to.
I'll make me a bigger fool than what I already am.

But guess what? Life is just a shitty game to me because little did I know, the tears came tumbling down quick.

I closed my eyes and trembled while the girl shaved my head. And even through closed eyes, I could see bright flashes telling me that everyone was probably taking pictures of my humiliating self right now.

Why

I hate this school. Why to me?
Because I'm ugly?
Because I'm forced to walk to school everyday?
Because I'm not rich like them?

I sighed and continued to cry.
More phone flashes.
More laughing.

Just one more year, Elliot.

But what am I supposed to tell my parents? I've been lying to them.
Telling them I've had the time of my life here, and it was the best school I've ever transferred to.

I've never showed them my bruises.
Long sleeved shirts and long pants even in the summer.

But it's winter now.
Nearly Christmas.
Is a bald head what I'm getting for Christmas?

When I snapped back into reality, everyone was laughing hard.
Why is that?

Someone came up to me and patted the top of my head.
And for some reason, my head did feel a slight burning sensation and I felt very light.

Then of course, my confused self was gone in a flash, when someone yelled out, "HE HAS AN SQUASH SHAPED HEAD. HOW DISGUSTING."

I gaped in horror, and my hands flew up to my head quicker than a bullet.
This can't be happening.

Where my hair used to be at, there was now...nothing.
How can they even...
Actually shave my head off?

I spotted some seniors give high fives to the 14 year old girl as I felt my heart sink lower than the Earth's core.

Why are they so wicked?
Why is no one helping?
Why are they all just laughing?

My fists clenched but I knew I shouldn't start a fight. If I did, I would stir up more trouble.
I wouldn't even win anyway and just get my ass beaten.

"WHAT IS THE BIG FUSS HERE? EVERYONE GET TO CLASS AND CLEAR OUT THE HALLWAY."
I heard a teacher bark and I tried scurrying out, but tripped instead.

More people started laughing as the teacher spotted me and looked at me like an insect.

"What is a monk doing in here?" He spat, as more tears rolled down my eyes.

Some students collapsed in laughter while others backed away.

That's it.
I ran out of that hellhole as fast as I can.
As much as I can.

I received weird looks from practically every student in the hallway, as the laughter and name calling is nonstop.

Egg head
Bottle Cap
Fucktard
Retarded Hobo
George Washington
Toenail
Retard
Humpty Dumpty

I just wanted to go somewhere.
Somewhere where no one pays me mind.
Somewhere where no one makes fun of me.
Anywhere.

And so I ended up tucked neatly at the corner of the hallway, where there were two senior guys and one junior girl shivering.

It was the only place away from the other people laughing and I was desperate to get out.
They didn't seem to notice me since they were enticed by whatever was happening.

And so I sat there like a lost child, my arms covering my head.

"Toughen up." One guy said. There was an obvious masculinity in his voice.
A girl started to produce a sound similar to those kettles.

Was she crying or laughing? Or did she have a congestion and was trying to breathe?

I didn't move though and stayed still.

"W-we killed him." She blurted out, and was muffled by something.

My eyes opened wide and I laid low. I felt bad, but I was eavesdropping on this whole conversation.

"Amy we didn't kill anyone okay? The least is that it was the whole school who participated in it."

That girl's name was apparently 'Amy'.
Another voice spoke, and I could hear a bit of an accent. "Are you guys talking about..."
He stopped for a bit.

My eyes widened more.
Why didn't he continue?
Who?
Who did they—no I mean, the "school"
Who did the school kill?

The accent guy continued and Amy's cries stopped.
"Steward...?"

Steward?
They killed someone named Steward?
_____________________
Hey guys :3
Drop a vote if you're enjoying it so far!!

But also remember to
COMMENT AND ALSO FOLLOW WHILE YOU'RE AT IT!

-idontw