I Owe You

Raymond's POV:
I woke up in the middle of the night to be welcomed by a steaming hot surface on my back.

With a shocking realization, I jumped off and realized that the fire I had started now lit a row of houses two blocks down.

In other words, I was sleeping on fire.
I swore it's only been a two hour nap, and yet I was planning on sleeping until the morning.

By that time, the whole city would've been burned to ash.

There were about 30 firetrucks circling the area, and yet they failed to even put out one house.
News reporters buzzed around the area, and the blocks were all in chaos.

I leapt off the house that was burning underneath me, and went to the next house down.

"Ah the burning is gonna last forever." I muttered.
They're no fun.
With a sigh, I snapped my fingers.

The whole chain of fire bursted up in the air and dissolved, turning into thin minces of ash.

The people below it backed up in alarm and cameras all of a sudden went off with a flash.

I snickered and jumped down to the ground.
With a glance over my shoulders, I ran all the way to where my legs would take me.
-----------------------------
The Next Morning
-----------------------------
I woke up the next day in the woods.
There were bug marks down on my leg and I reached down to scratch the itchiness.

I swear I wake up to the weirdest things.

A yawn escaped from my mouth and I rolled over to perform my morning routine.
500 pushups and 100 sit-ups.

Yeah it's a totally normal thing to do in the woods.
But aye, the excessive running must've gotten to me because I had to stop at 100 sit-ups and 473 pushups only.

With a bang, I dropped to the floor and heaved a great sigh, remembering my mission.

Why did I accept to find Ena and bring her back again? I don't know.
I don't care about the lunch pass anymore. Fuck that.

I'm tired and I'm going back.

I started walking out the woods and my stupid ass tripped on a tree branch.

UGH
SO
MANY
BRANCHES.

I heard the crackling underneath my feet when I started stomping my way out.
The grass from the woods slowly formed gravel.

"So bored." I huffed, finally arriving outside the woods.

It was one of the moments where you don't know what to do but kick every rock you saw.

Without looking up, I stumbled into something and fell back.

Oomf.

"Watch where you're going!" A voice spoke and ran.
I couldn't see the face of that person as I was trampled by other guys.

One guy stopped in front of me to examine my beautiful muscles while the rest of the crew kept running.

Yes I know I'm beautiful, now move along human. I gave him an uninterested look.
"Hey you look to be in shape. Join us and help us catch that bitch!" He shouted in my ear.

Geez man I hear you.

"Wait wh—yo dude what you doin'. "
He tried dragging me along with him but he looked like a little boy compared to my strength.

I didn't budge at all and he was now trying to push me forward with both arms.

"Dude. What you doing..?"
That dude stopped and I dusted myself.