Normal

After hearing "Sheridan High School", I almost fell out of my chair. Again.

Today, the agents made us recite this incredibly boring poem.
A poem.
I haven't done that in years!
And with my beautiful knowledge of others, I could tell from the pained Agent 3's face that he didn't like this either.

They were apparently trying to get us all 'normal' and to act like regular people. What is normal though? Our battle routines are now considered normal for us.

These couple of years, all I've been doing in this school is learning the history of magic and how to fight. None of this Edgar Allan Popo or whatever it is.
I've even forgotten how to greet people. What do I do?
Handshake?

oh. wait.

As a matter of fact, I've never had friends back then anyway.

Gary and I stood in front of each other, staring intensely in each others' eyes.
We honestly didn't know what we were doing.
Is this a start for something perverted because now I'm feeling uncomfortable.

"Raymond and Gary. You are making eye contact, not a staring contest." Dr. Cory sighed.
I groaned and rubbed my eyes.

What the fuck is eye contact anymore?
Do we really need eye contact when talking to pathetic humans? They're not even worthy of my time.

"Okay how about this. Reach out to each other and high-five." Dr. Cory suggested.

I looked at the palm of my hands uncertainly.
High...five?
What's that?

Gary looked at me as if trying to decipher my face. We gently rubbed both of our hands together and heard a bang as Dr. Cory facepalmed on the wall.

That must've hurt. I wonder why Gary was having trouble being normal when he was probably normal before he discovered his abilities.

"I was homeschooled and my parents were always working, so they never had a chance to talk to me." Gary stated, as if he had read my mind. "I didn't have friends back then either." He nudged.

Wait wouldn't that mean that the other students had no friends either?
I nodded as Dr. Cory narrowed her eyes.
"Please not high-five so gently. It looks very...unusual when you feel each others' hands like that. You're supposed to smack."

I raised my eyebrow.
"Did you hear that Gary?"

Oh goodie.
Gary smirked and we yelled in unison.
"SHE SAID TO SMACK."

I got into formation and even in the building, heavy thunder could be heard outside.
Gary extended his arm and metal wrapped around it. A crossbow formed and he closed one eye to get the perfect shot at me.

Before we could both attack, a naggy voice interrupted us.
"That's enough now."

I slumped down in disappointment.

This is so boring.

Dr. Cory sat down and gave up. I saw Agent 2 walking—I mean stomping his way over here.
As usual.
Oh great. Here comes the lecture.

Agent 2 threw his hands up in the air and hollered.
Geez man, we can hear you.
"YOU IDIOTS. YOU CAN'T EVEN HIGH-FIVE OR LOOK EACH OTHER IN THE EYE CASUALLY."

I blew up a strand of hair that fell over my eye. Like he can even talk normally...

"SIT DOWN."