Shattered- Chapter twenty eight

Start from the beginning

"How much did you get?" He asked, the smile never leaving his face.

I shrugged, "I don't know. I'm to scared to check."

He rolled his eyes and snatched my paper out of my grasp. "Fifty four. That's good for someone who crammed whole day...but ninety six is pretty awsome for someone who doesn't even know what the biology textbook looks like."

My jaw slackened, "You got what?"

He pushed it in my face and literally rubbed it on my face, "Ninety six," he sang.

"Stop rubbing it in my face...literally. And how did you get so high?"

He shrugged, "Good thing I took your advice and guessed randomly because if I had cheated from you I would have failed."

I flipped him the bird and he laughed. Bell rang for the end of school and I scurried out of class.

"Don't be such a sour puss."

Zack followed behind me but I ignored him making him laugh even harder. I spun around and crashed into his chest, almost falling which reminded me of the time I crashed into Andrew and Zack caught me.

I pushed the thought away preventing any unwanted feelings from returning.

"You cheated. Admit it."

He held his hands up in defeat, "Well duh. The smartest boy in class was sitting in front of me...you're an idiot for thinking I could score this high on my own."

"But that's not fair."

I pouted and he patted my head like a puppy making me push his hand away which made him laugh again.

"What are you doing this afternoon?"

"Nothing why?"

"I don't know. Just making conversation, I guess."

I laughed. "So you suck at biology but you're good at astronomy?"

He shrugged nodding, "Pretty much...or maybe I'm secretly a smart nerd who acts like a bad boy because he's hot and can get any girl he wants. Maybe this playboy cover is just a way of preventing me from being bullied like I was in middle school or maybe just maybe I act this way to cope with the fact that my dad doesn't care anymore. He made me give up my dream to be an astronomer so maybe I am good at biology and every other subject but I maybe I just act like I suck."

My mouth kept opening and closing and I'm sure I looked like a fish. I didn't know what to say.

"So you're good at biology?"

He sighed, "I'm sorry. It just kind of...came out. You're like the second person who's seen my nerdy side, Andrew's the first...you want to come over?"

"Um...sure, I guess."

He put his hand over my shoulder, "Your moods are too much for me to handle," I said.

He laughed, "Whatever. Where's Andrew?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. I haven't seen him all day."

After he followed me to my house, making me go to his home in his car, we were in his room.

"What do you wanna do?"

"I don't know. You are the one who invited me over."

I threw myslef on his bed and I literally sunk into the bed. It was so soft and nice.

"It's so soft."

"It's know. That's why it's my bed. Wanna play Call Of Duty?"

"No."

He stopped in his tracks and watched me as if I was crazy, "Why not?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. I'm a poised young lady and I do not play video games," I said in a terrible British accent.

I burst out laughing and he joined in, "I'm just kidding. Yeah I'll play."

He set up the game on his television and we sat on the sofa. He handed me the control and about ten minutes into the game I was dead.

"I'm dead!"

He laughed, never taking his eyes off of the screen.

"It's not funny. Why are you still alive? Die!"

"You're over dramatic. It's not my fault you can't play."

"I'm dead. They killed me! And you just stood there and watched."

He paused the game, wiping a fake tear from his eye.

"Oh my gosh! You're hilarious!" He said, in between laughs.

"No...I'm dead."

He let out a loud laugh. He stopped after a long while, catching his breath now.

"Okay. I'll start it over and we'll play again."

I hummed, "Fine...but I want that controller."

I pointed at his and he raised his eyebrows, "Why?"

"Because I have a feeling it's the controller."

He laughed but listened nonetheless.After a while of loosing, it was already five and I had to be home.

"I have to go."

I grabbed my bag and he walked me to the door.

"Bye. And thanks...for tonight I guess."

He smiled, "No problem. I had fun winning. Plus, seeing you loose turns me on."

"Zack!" I shoved at his shoulder and he laughed.

"Kidding!"

"Bye Zack."

He waved and I left to go home.

Who would have thought he was actually nerdy?

Who would have thought he was bullied in middle school?

Who would have thought it was just all an act?