Chapter 9: Showdown!

Real World!
     Rachel was in the waiting room of the hospital. She was sitting down as her head had a million things going on. Raina walked in and Rachel stood up and walked over to her. "They are all fine, just some scratches. None too deep to really worry." Raina stated and Rachel nodded. "That's good." Rachel stated and Raina nodded. "I will like to keep each one of them overnight for tests, and I want to make sure there aren't any infections or anything." Raina stated and Rachel nodded. "I understand, thanks." Rachel stated. "You're welcome, I'm guessing I'll see you tomorrow to check on them?" Raina asked. "Yeah, I'll be here." Rachel replied. "Okay, see you tomorrow." Raina stated. "Okay." Rachel agreed and walked out of the hospital, angrily.
      Rachel walked to the middle of the street as Mira appeared. "You got my message." Mira stated. "Yeah, I did." Rachel agreed. "So? What do you day?" Mira asked. "I say no." Rachel replied. "Excuse me?" Mira asked. "I will not join you or help you at all." Rachel replied and Mira nodded. "I see." Mira stated. "Good, now I need you to leave." Rachel replied. "Leave? Are you serious?" Mira asked. "Yes, I am. I don't want any trouble, and there's enough going on as there is. I don't want you here, and I don't want you to start acting like my mom because you haven't acted like that before." Rachel explained. "I'm not leaving. In fact, I'm just getting started." Mira stated with a smirk and Rachel glared at her. "You'll regret this." Rachel stated and Mira chuckled. "We'll see. I will see you later, my daughter." Mira stated and then she disappeared in a cloud of purple smoke.

Flashback!
     The boat that held Meeshell parked onshore and Tyler stood up and took his jacket off, and laid it down next to Meeshell. Tyler and his crew members walked off as she sighed. She looked at his jacket and gasped as her eyes widened when she saw her mirror phone that Tyler took, so she couldn't contact anyone. She quickly grabbed it and started a group chat between Ashlynn. She texted that she was on a boat that was temporarily on shore and that she's been kidnapped by a captain and hid crew members and that she needed help. She put her phone back where she found it and leaned her head down with a sigh. Tyler walked back on and Meeshell looked up at him. "Back already?" Meeshell asked. "Missed me?" Tyler asked with a smirk. "No. More like, glad you were gone and wishing you had stayed gone." Meeshell replied and Tyler nodded. He sat down next to her and looked over at her. "What?" Meeshell asked. "I've never seen you this way." Tyler replied as he starred at her. "What way is that? An annoyed way and an overconfident way, that is usually not me." Meeshell replied and Tyler laughed. "No, a beautiful mermaid that I don't think I have ever actually seen before." Tyler replied and Meeshell rolled her eyes with a sigh. "What is this? What's going on?" Meeshell asked. "What do you mean?" Tyler asked. "You're acting like you like me, but if you did you wouldn't have kidnapped and you wouldn't still be holding me against my will." Meeshell replied and Tyler nodded. "Because I didn't like you, I just thought you were the perfect species for my experiment research." Tyler stated and Meeshell nodded. "Figured, with a guy like you." Meeshell stated and Tyler nodded with a sigh. Tyler leaves over and kissed her, but Meeshell pulled away and slapped him with her free arm. "You can't kiss me when you're holding me captive!" Meeshell exclaimed. He untied her hands and she gasped as he let her free. He stood up and grabbed her hand, helping her hand. "Now, you're free." Tyler stated. "This doesn't change anything. This doesn't change how I feel." Meeshell stated and Tyler nodded with a sigh. "I understand. Go." Tyler stated and Meeshell nodded. "Thank you." Meeshell stated and Tyler smiled. "Of course." Tyler stated. Meeshell grabbed her phone and stood on the edge of the ship and dived into the water. Her legs turned into a fin and then she swam away as fast as she could.

Real World!
     Rachel was standing in the middle of the street when Mira appeared in a purple cloud. She smirked as she looked at her daughter, standing before her. "I got your message." Mira stated and Rachel nodded. "Good." Rachel stated. "I'm guessing you wanted to talk?" Mira asked and Rachel shook her head. "No." Rachel replied and Mira pushed her eyebrows together as she stepped forward. "Then what?" Mira asked. "I want a showdown, a real showdown to defeat you once and for all." Rachel replied and Mira laughed. "You won't win this, you're not more powerful then me." Mira stated and Rachel glared at her. "Then let's find out." Rachel stated.
      Rachel put out her hands and blasted purple magic at her mother. Mira flew back and fell to the ground. She groaned as she got up. She made a purple fireball appear in her hand and threw it at Rachel. Rachel moved out of the way, but not fast enough as it hit her hand. She clenched her teeth and glared at her mother. She shot more purple magic at Mira as Mira shot purple magic at Rachel. Rachel's magic was a light purple as Mira's music was a dark purple. Each other's magic hit one another as Rachel and Mira tried their hardest to push back and have their magic win. Mira flew her hands up and crossed them, making Mira's magic and Rachel's magic both go towards Mira. Mira used all of her force to push back both magics and hit Rachel. Rachel flew back and fell on the ground, unconscious. Mira walked up to her and picked her up as she examined her. "I told you that you're not more powerful then me." Mira stated and then she disappeared with her daughter in a cloud of purple smoke, and appeared to her hideout.