A Bouquet of Roses for Rose

Manu's POV
Yeah, change of plans. I decided to go over to the house this morning. I can't on Friday because I'm having a meet and greet with fans. I couldn't even understand why I was so nervous. My hand trembled as I tightened the tie around my neck. I wasn't being too fancy, but I wanted to make Rosalie feel better.

"Well you look nice." My brother says slapping my shoulder. I grin and sheepishly leave the house. I wanted to avoid any comments from my mother or father, because they were loco.

I walked into the town to the nearest store, where they sold bouquets of flowers. I saw tulips, marigolds, and petunias on the front shelf.

"Senora!" I say to the thin woman behind the counter who was busy cutting some stems off a dead plant. She looks up and smiles.

"Yes sir?" She asks.

"Do you have any roses?" I ask in hurry.

"I'm sorry, but we don't. You look fancy, is there an occasion?"

"Yes, in fact there is, but thank you." I walk away. I needed to find a place where I could get a bouquet of roses and roses only. They needed to be scarlet red and nice. I already had my guitar in a bag. Maybe I was overdoing myself, I thought.

I walk down and I notice a hill. I saw rose like plants down there. I knew I was about to do something slightly absurd, because I went to go pick them, and I made sure they were a lot, but it was even worse because they all had thorns and my hands were bruised by them.
                                                                      ***
Rosalie's POV
We were leaving on Friday at noon. The book was closing on this chapter of my life that I almost lost. I sat on the couch doing my nails. I chose a light green. I needed something bright, so I figured lime green was perfect.

I've noticed that Vivian has kept checking the window. It bothered me. Was she and Manu still involved? A strange feeling I knew too well started to stir in my soul. Jealousy. I cursed at it in my head. I hated emotions. Wicked.

Vivian does a strange giggle and she runs back up to her room leaving me by myself.

"What the hell?.." I mutter under my breath. Perhaps, she had met another boy that was climbing in through her window.

The doorbell rings. What? I slowly get up and walk over to it. I wait a couple moments just incase someone else decides to answer it. I doubted that though. Mom and dad weren't home. They were getting snacks for the trip back.

I breath and open the door. SHOCKED. I freeze in my place and red beams stick my face like chicken pocks. I can't believe this but my heart flutters.

"Come in...." I say softly and he steps in.

Manu. My lovely Manu was here, and not just here alone, but with something for me.

"Manu, I'm sorry." I say feeling the waterworks coming.

"No, I'm sorry. Don't cry either. I don't want you to cry. You've been through so much and I want you to have this."

He rummages in the tall white bag he brought and gives me a guitar. It had no strings in it and it was old, but it had the beauty of a vintage instrument.

"I love it,"

"It was my first guitar. I never thought of it as any value, until now." He says smiling.

I look up at how handsome and beautiful he is. None of this was his fault.

"I want to let you know, that I don't blame you for anything. No one blames you for anything Manu. It was me."

"It's alright."

He nods and also hands me the beautiful bouquet of roses he had dropped near the bag.

"I picked these all out near the meadow down near the flower sale place. They pricked my hands but I still got them.'

I feel tears welling up in my eyes as I take the flowers from him. They pricked my hands too but I didn't care.

"They are so beautiful." I say as a tear slips down.

But not only, that. Manu wraps his arms around me in a hug and I hug him back. I hugged Manu Rios. But I also snuck into his room before so whatever. Hehe.

"Manu I love you." I say muffling in his shirt.

He says nothing at first.

"I love you more."

And with that he kisses my cheek and holds my hand for a bit as we talk about some memories and he leaves.

Just like that, Manu is gone. He came by and actually gave me one of his most important treasures. I'd never forget him, and a place in my heart told me that I wanted him to be my future husband, but I realized that was my delusional side once again.

I keep crying, but I never feel Manu's presence leave. His touch lingers on my hand. I will forever love him, but apparently he'll always love me more.

                                                                    ***
Manu's POV
I walk home with my hands in my pockets. The birds make lots of noise and I hear the sound of crickets chirping. I felt a little more free, but I also felt sadness hitting me. This was it. They were leaving. I guess it felt funny because we had grew such a bond with each other. It didn't matter whether it was good or bad, it was just it. It happened.

I learned something here though.

1. Girls can be dangerous
2. Fans are fucking dangerous
3. Roses are dangerous and fuck up your hands
4. Keep your windows locked at night

Despite it all, I enjoyed some of the thrill.

Now, I'm thinking to myself. I told her I loved her more. I hated her at one point, but my emotions have softened. Maybe I did love her, and I didn't exactly know why. If I could gather all my thoughts of her and put them in a safe, I'd think this...She's beautiful, evil, loving, and lethal.

If I were to pick a rose out of a field of roses that described her I wouldn't pick a red rose, but a black one. A black rose to me, is twice as beautiful as the red one. It signifies beauty and death, and Rosalie fitted that depiction most definitely.

So yes, I guess now, I love her, and I always will. I will always love my fans, but she is my favorite one. I guess lethal beauty is real after all.

And I walk home, forgiving but never forgetting the past.