Once, Always

Vivian's POV
I breathe so deeply before I even walk into the hospital room. Rosalie had went through tons of questioning and mourning with her parents. She hadn't seen me yet though. I was scared to even go in, but mom told me that it was the right thing to do, and in my heart I agreed, and so I do.

"Hey" I say softly opening up the long white door. I hook my "Feel Better Balloon" to the edge of the hospital bed and stand at the side of her. She's pale and her is thinner. I guessed from malnutrition. To see her, in so much pain and mental weakness awoke a strange sadness in me that I had never felt before.

"Hi." She says as she turns her body up to look at me. Her eyes were almost gray and I can't help but wonder that none of this would've happened if I had never came here. Rosalie would have never cried her eyes out, and got kidnapped by that Pablo guy. This was partially my fault in my mind.

"Rosalie, I'm so sorry-" I say grabbing her hands but she cuts me off.

"No, I'm sorry." She says looking at me with probably one of the looks of life she had left in her now frail body.

"Did you eat?" I ask trying to avoid myself from breaking down in the hospital room. She points to the tray of food in the corner.

"Are we still best friends?" She asks looking up at the ceiling.

I think hard, because we lost our minds here. I don't think any of this seemed to make sense, but for some reason what I thought didn't even fucking matter, because it did make sense, it happened.

"I wanted to ask you the same question." I say resting my head on hers.

"Remember that time at my house when we played with those stuffed bears? Angie ripped the stuffing out of yours-"

"And you got rid of the stuffing in yours so I wouldn't feel so alone." I say living in the moment of that memory.

We stay silent for a couple moments.

"I was kind of delusional, about you and Manu. Don't get me wrong, I still love him with all my heart, but I should've never let this get in the middle of our friendship."

"I should've just made you two go on a blind date."

We giggle.

"Thanks for helping find me, the officers told me about you and Manu's adventures."

I laugh and keep my hand hooked with hers.

"If I knew that something that seemed so little, could've got you killed I would have never moved to Spain Rosalie."

She pats my hand weakly and closes her eyes. So we just sleep there, and I dream of all our memories together as we in some spiritual way rekindle our shattered, but always friendship.
~
"When will Rosalie be back home?" Ivy asks as I come through the front door. She was packing our bags. We'd be leaving Spain in a week from now and lots of things needed to be taken up.

"Mom says sometime on Wednesday, she looks real sick, but I talked to her."

Ivy gives me the sad sister stare as I plop on my bed. I couldn't help but feel entirely guilty. I never wanted to be the girl remembered for taking her bestfriends man. Many liked me but not Rosalie, but she loved him. She loved him and he needed to love her, and to be honest I'm not sure how he truly feels of her, and I'm thinking that I should ask him. After all of this, I wanted to know his thoughts.

"I gotta go." I tell Ivy hopping up to get my bike from the driveway.

"Where the hell are you going? Mom says you got-"

I slam the door behind me and trail downstairs. I swing the front door open and hop on my bicycle and speed down the road. Needed to get to Manu's house stat.

When I get to his house I practically toss my bike to the side and bang on the door. The door flies open and his father stands there smoking a pipe.

"Hola, you here for Manu?" The man asks as if he already knew.

I nod and he opens the door. I rush past his little sister and up to his room. I walk slower as I'm coming to it. I hear his guitar strumming and I see his head tilted back and his eyes closed as he plays some instrumental song.

"Manu?" I ask. His eyes pop open and he looks surprised but also exhausted.

"Hey." He says as I walk in and kneel down next to him

"How's she?" He asks.

"Sick, very sick." I say bluntly.

He nods and keeps strumming, and for some reason a thought comes back to me. The money!

"Manu, where did you out the money?" I ask looking around.

"I sold it back to them in the mail." He says.

What the hell? Manu didn't even report them.

"You should've bribed them Manu or something, you let them get away with it."

"I did not. I didn't want them harassing you or Rosalie for that matter, I could careless about anything. As long as you are safe, your family, and mine. Let's just drop it."

I stay silent, and understand his point.

"You need to visit her Manu." I say quietly.

"Why? Why should I?" He asks.

"She loves you Manu."

"All my fans love me, what makes her any different?"

"Manu, are seriously asking me that?! What makes her different? She's almost died and got herself killed for you. It's crazy and wild but she's my bestfriend and after all of this I can't lose her again." I say as my voice drifts off.

He's looking at me with hurt eyes.

"Fine. But I'll come to the house, not the hospital, when will she be back?" He asks.

"Wednesday."

"I'll come by on Friday then."

"Thank you Manu." I say giving him a quick hug.

"Manu keep in touch with me okay?"

"How could I not? We've been through so much, in little time."

He smiles and it's a cute smile. I savor that smile because I might not see it again. Not in person anyway. Like that I'm gone. I'm crying and I don't know why. This adventure was overwhelming that's why.

😭