Regret

Vivian's POV
I was in the hospital for a full week. I sat there in the quiet room, and I hadn't stood up once. I ate hospital food and talked to the nurse ever once in awhile about life. I missed my parents and my home in California. I wanted to leave Spain more than anything in the world despite the beauty. Ever since I came things slowly started to blow out of proportion.
  I came here to be with Rosalie and she's the reason I should've stayed away. A girl who's been my best friend for years is the girl I almost hate with everything in me. I tried to make things work between us, but nothing changed.
  As my thoughts ponder on in my head I hear the door open up. I try to sit up and brush my hair back to look at least a little bit presentable, but there was no point.

"Vivian?"

My ears are surprised by the voice. I thought he'd be the last person I'd ever see hear. I see Manu with a bouquet of white pretty flowers in his hands, and a bag of treats. My heart flutters and my face flushes.

"Hi." I say smiling a little.

He smiles back and gives me the flowers. I smell them, and I smile. I was a little happy to see someone who may not have been against me even though he and Rosalie had been dating. I suppose he felt that she'd stop of he dated her.

"I broke up with Rosalie just so you know. I should've never even went out with her. I only did it so she quit all of this. I'm so sorry this happened Vivian...I feel as if it's all my fault. I never meant for any of this to happ-"

"It alright Manu. It's not your fault. I should've ignored her."

We both stay silent for some moments.

"A lot has happened in the short months we've had." He says softly.

I nod my head as I glance at the clock. It was already 1:30, and I had just woke up a couple minutes ago.

"Has Rosalie been at school?"

"Yeah but no one is talking to her at all."

My heart shakes at the thought. Rosalie all alone? She was always the popular kind of girl. She was the one stepping ahead and getting the looks from people. She was loud.

"I'm sorry to hear that." I blurt out.

"You shouldn't be. She deserves everything she's getting."

"I still feel like I should give her mercy. She's my best friend."

Manu gives me the look of a person who's lost their mind.

"Vivian did you hit your head or something? A best friend would never do something like this. You're in the hospital from this crap."

I nod as I fiddle around with the goodie bag he gave me. He was right.

"I just want to move back to California."

He looks down and I feel bad. If I leave I won't see Manu anymore.

"Manu I'll keep in contact with you forever. I just don't like being here anymore."

"I know and I understand you."

"My parents said there is still no planes to America so I'll be here for awhile longer. I just think I should be homeschooled or something."

"Well that sounds okay. I will come here everyday to help you study and give you things."

I smile and my cheeks flush.

"You don't have to do all of that Manu."

"I do and I will. Enjoy your bag of goodies. My mom made sugar cookies and chocolates. I'll be back later with more."

I smile and he gives me a firm hug. I felt weak in his strong arms, but he leaves out. My eyes tear up. I'm not sure why, but I haven't felt any kindness from anyone until now.

I pull out every single sugar cookie and eat them. They are filled with so much love that I can taste it.

Rosalie's POV

It's the last day of the freaking week finally. School has been horrible for me. I lost every friend here. Everyone thinks I'm mentally ill and sick. I guess in a way I am, but I still miss my friends. They were in on all of this too, and they got no hate for it.
  I watched Manu buy flowers for Vivian. My mind races at everything. This whole trip to Spain blew out of proportion. I never meant for Vivian to get hurt this much.