Just Take It

Rosalies POV
I realized that I had escaped the madness. I was still running but the familiar disturbing voices faded. My mind was slowly processing the past events and I could feel my heart screaming like a dying cat.

"Help! HELP!" I screamed as I entered a street barefoot. People watched me and I saw woman hold their kids back in worry. This wasn't the place we had moved for vacation. It was a completely different city.

"Mam-" I say walking over to a woman.

"Sorry do not touch me." She says quickly vanishing.

My dry eyes scanned around for any sign of the police. I had to get back home. I continued walking around but more and more people were trying to run from me like I was some sort of animal.

***
Vivians POV
Manu and I found ourselves sitting in the police station. I was giving him the eye but he kept trying to lose contact with me. We need to know whether we are going to spill this information or keep it to ourselves. I wanted to just tell the police. Our lives are on the line and I feel as if Manu is just playing law and order.

"Well?" I hiss quietly so the cops on the other side of the glass don't hear us.

"What?"

"Manu, what the hell are we gonna do? We need to just get it over with and tell the police this whole stupid situation. Remember the note those creepy guys wrote and left on my balcony. It's been three days. They said they need the money in fourteen days. They're gonna kill Rosalie. Let's hope to God she's not already dead." I tell him.

He nods.

"So, you're not gonna say anything. What is it with you? We have to tell the cops."

"I don't think we should. Remember? We kept the money. It's gonna look like we wanted it for ourselves. Do you see where I'm getting at here. It's like we stole the money ourselves. The police are gonna wanna know why we have it anyway."

The door opens and a tall man with dark brown hair watches us mysteriously. His badge reads Officer Carlos.

"You two want to tell me what's with you both? The woman who owns the coffee shop has told me some strange news. You two involved with a gang?"

"Do we like we are?" I ask feeling self conscious. I hadn't went shopping in awhile but I didn't think I looked that bad

The police man smiles and sits across from us and keeps his hands wrapped around his freshly made coffee.

"Lately, there have been some sources watching you two. The town isn't a big place. The same people are around everyday. When someone sees or senses trouble, it's immediately reported to us, and something tells me that you are hiding something."

I stay silent and look at Manu.

"We are just looking for our friend. Rosalie. She's been missing for sometime now."

"Ahhhh, yes. We've been working on that case, but you kids shouldn't be getting involved with any of it. These are kidnappers."

"How can you be so calm about this? My bestfriend is missing, and you just rub it off your shoulders like its nothing?!" I say my voice rising. The police officer watches me surprisingly.

"What's your name?"

I groan.

"Her name is Vivian." Manu says. I look at him angrily, and he shrugs.

"Listen, Vivian we are doing the best we can."

"Well your best sucks.....can I leave now?" I ask.

The police officer continues to watch me in awe, but at this point I didn't care. I was going to find Rosalie myself.

"I'll just speak with Manu." The officer says.

I wave at Manu and leave the room. I was leaving and I was going to find her. If no one else was going to take dangerous risks, I'd do it myself. For my bestfriend.
***
Rosalie's POV

I'm pretty sure I had spent most of my day scanning over the map of the city. I was trying to remember where I was before. My mind was so bland and I had absolutely no energy to do anything. The world was spinning and I was just standing still.

As the cold air picked up, I decided to go to the closest building. The Bakery. I opened up the door and the little bell above it chimed. The warmth brushed over my skin and for the first time in a long time, I grinned. The people inside watched me curiously, because I knew I looked like a drowned rat.

"I need the nearest phone." I scanned the little shop and saw an old fashioned phone in the back. I wasn't sure what was in me, but I wasn't provoked to scream "Save me!" I was silent, and I wasn't coherent. That's probably because I hadn't eaten.

"Over there Miss." The old plump woman behind the counter says eyeing me as if I was about to steal something.

I limp over and my shaky hand touches the black silver phone. I had seen plenty of kidnapping stories, but to actually be a victim is wild. I was different. I had realized that I had matured just in that little time. It was weird, and I could hardly understand my thoughts.

"911 Emergency? How can I help you?" The woman asks as soon as I dial the number.

My lips tremble before I speak.

"I- was...kid-napped. I escaped, but-"

"We are tracing your phone now, and police are on the way mam. Stay put." My dry eyes finally sprinkle the tears that had been held in me for so long. This vacation had been bittersweet. Through it all, I still wanted to see Manu. He was the only thing, that had made me feel better, even though he didn't like me in that sort of way.

***
Manu's POV
After speaking with officer Carlos, I walk home. Vivian had ran off somewhere, but all I could do at this point was give the men back the money. If this would make them give Rosalie back, that's all I needed to do.

"Manu! Waittttt! Manu!!!!!!" I hear someone screaming frantically behind me, and I swiftly turn around. I can't make out who it is until they get closer and closer. Vivian.

"THEY FOUND HER!!!!" She yells.

Her face is wet as if she had been crying.

"Is she okay?" I ask looking around to see if she's there with her, but I realize she's not.

"I'm going to the hospital tomorrow morning, to talk to her."

There is a long silence.

"Thank you Manu. I know this has been a stupid ride, and I never even thought I would have even meet you, but I did."

She quickly embraces me, and then runs back down the sidewalk. I still wasn't done thinking about this though. Where do I put the money now?

Authors Notes
Hey guys I know it's been long since I've updated. This chapter isn't as good as I wanted it to be buts it's something for you all anyway. Don't, worry the story is not over yet!