Dead Ends

Vivian's POV
Unfortunately, I came all the way to the library for no reason. The computers were all down, and I couldn't do any research. I had asked the librarian for help, but she continued to be grouchy and told be me to be quiet. I looked out the window to see if Manu were to show up.

"Are you alright mam?" I swiftly turn around. It was just another assistant holding a stack of books.

"Yes, um do you know when the computers will be back up?" I ask staring at the computers behind us hesitantly.

"I'm sorry they are down."

Annoyance flashes through my eyes and dash past her. This was serious and not one co outer in the damn library was down. This is a place for research! Are they serious right now?

I hear the door open and the bell jingle. I peer past the book I was holding and I saw two tall monstrous men walk in. They wore cloaks down to their ankles. I knew who they were. I ran down the aisle, and some people told me to stop running, but I had no choice.
I ran down the stairway to the exit but it was locked. Damn it.
Something in me told me that they had been watching me, and they knew every move I made. I run back up and try looking for different openings that would lead to an exit, but I saw none.

I scurry behind an aisle of law books and I sneak a peek through the cracks of the long shelf. I could see them talking to the librarian. She seemed hesitant and looked around. They had to have asked about me. All I could hope for was that they'd give up and leave. I wonder if they had Manu under hostage and they had forced him to tell them where I was. This couldn't be worse.

"This is important mam. This girl has stolen information from our business, and must be put in jail."

"How do I really know that you're the real FBI?" The librarian says peering down at his vest to see if he's wearing a badge or not.

"That's not the point mam. Questioning us, is the worst decision to ever make. Please allow us to evaluate the library. I watch as the men continue walking down the aisles of the library completely ignoring the woman's reaction.

"Manu...where are you?" I whisper to myself. All I needed to do was dash into the girls bathroom. They couldn't go in there, could they?

I tip toe over to the bathroom and dash in. My phone begins buzzing and check to see....Manu! Finally!

"Manu what the hell is going on?!" I yell into the phone.

"Are they there?" He asks in a rush.

"Yes, what do you think? I thought they had kidnapped you or something. How do they know where I am?"

Their is a silence on the phone and I yell his name again.

"Manu?!" I scream.

"I'm outside the window."

I run to the large window on the other side of the bathroom. I could see Manu's bike and him waving to me. I let go of the breath I had been holding and open the window up.

"I can't jump! It's way too far!" I call down.

As soon as I say it the door pushes open and the two large men dressed in cloaks come in.

"Grab her!"

One large man grabs me by my shoulders and holds me.

"Let go of me!"

I see the librarian dialing the police in the back, but I kick the man in the balls and he drops me. I stumble backwards and I fall right out the window.

"I got you!" Manu yells grabbing her sharply in his arms.

We run to the front of the library and I see a man come out this black van who starts shooting at me and Manu.

"Ahh!" I scream.

People on the street begin panicking and police cars are beginning to pull up to the scene. I feel a bullet hit my leg, and I begin to feel dizzy. It was no ordinary gun, but a stun gun. All I remember is running and everything going to black.

Rosalie's POV
The men hadn't been here for at least three hours. I stayed in the cold room picking at my old nail polish. My mind kept jumping back and forth at the previous events. I thought me and Vivian and Manu. I look up and I see an unfamiliar light. I peer to the side and I see a stairway. I hadn't noticed it before, until now. I get to my feet and walk cautiously up the old raggedy stairs. I open the door and light comes through.

"Oh my God..." I said breathing in the air. It was outside. I step out and I see a long white fence blocking the street. Where the hell was I?

"HEY?!"

I scream as I run desperately from the building. The voices of men filled the air, but the adrenaline and sense of survival I was in helped me hop the fence and I was running to God knows where.....

I know...another cliffhanger. TBH I had some writers block with this chapter that's why it took time for me to post it, but it's something, and I hope you all enjoy it.

Thanks!