Home Sweet Home

Rosalie's POV
   It was finally Wednesday. I passed my Pysche exam and I was able to return home. My face was beaming a little more than it was the day before and the day before. I put on my Victoria Secret sweatpants and a tank top. I was keeping myself comfortable and there wasn't a lot to choose from since I had lost a lot of weight.

"You ready, your parents are out in the lobby." The doctor says as I nod and roll my suitcase out to the main hall. I see my mom and dad smiling.

"Well, I'm glad you're better." My dad says wrapping his arm around me as we walk out.

The drive home was silent. It was a rainy day and I felt like it was a perfect triumphant end in a way. Yeah, Manu didn't come and kiss me like a Prince would, but I escaped my state of being overshadowed by something that was unreal. I wanted me and my bestfriend together again, and I wanted to be back in California. After all of this, I'd probably never come back to Spain, even thought it was all wonderful, beautiful, and heartbreaking at the same time.

Once we arrive back at the house I stand a bit to just study what I had missed. There were flowers there that weren't there before I went to the hospital. I practically buss inside and go straight to my room and just throw myself on the bed.

"You're back!"

I turn around and see Vivian. She looked pretty and nice while I looked like shit. Her hair was in two pigtails and she wore leggings with a pink hoodie.

"I know." I say as we embrace one another. I hugged her tight.

"It's been a long."

"Spring break." She finishes.

"Did I miss a lot?" I ask rummaging through my drawers to begin packing for when we left. She shakes her head.

"Not much, all we did was worry and worry about you."

"Vivian, we need to promise each other that we never let boys get in the middle of our friendship again, because I never ever thought this would happen." I say sternly. I had a hard time still believing that shit went down as bad as it did.

"I agree. And, we won't. We can swear on it like we used to."

We pinky swear and it's settled. No more boys over each other. I loved Manu, but I loved Vivian with a heart of gold. She was my bestie forever.

"How are we going to rekindle our friendship? We have a lot we missed out on. Movies, nail salons, and malls." I say counting it off on my fingers.

I know must kidnapped victims would probably need more time to get over the fact that they were kidnapped, but I just merrily went along. I wasn't raped, but I did escape. I felt stronger, and braver and I knew that now I would never be blindsided by anything anymore. I wanted to move on.

"I know. I was also thinking that over the summer, we could work at that Pet shop. It's in San Diego, but we could live their with my cousin." Vivian says.

"What would I do without you?" I ask as we both laugh.
                                                                          ~
Vivian's POV
I kept peering out the window just to see if Manu would show. I know he said he'd be here on Friday, but I wanted him to come today. I wondered if Rosalie was truly okay. I could see her trying to act normal, but I felt like inside she was suffering, and I knew that if Manu showed up with a bouquet of roses she would feel a lot better. It's not that cheesy, when I think about the fact that Rosalie was almost murdered by a bunch of men. Anything she loved would be amazing right now. Manu was that one thing, or person I suppose.

"Who are you looking for?" Ivy asks carrying a box and setting it on the table.

"No one, just admiring the plants."

"Sureee"

I roll my eyes, but I'm surprised when I hear the doorbell ring. I think it's Manu so I rush to get it and I swing the door open. No Manu. It was a large box. It was tall and long. I read the label for Rosalie. I drag it in and contemplate on whether I should open it.

"What's that?" Ivy asks.

"Something for Rosalie."

I look up at her and she just shrugs. I go into the kitchen and cut it open. I gasp at the beauty of what I see. There is a collage of pictures of Rosalie at the school. I read the label again. From Rosalies Spanish Girls. I nod realizing that Rosalie made friends with the cool girls at the school. I'm guessing they wanted to give her something, because of all the bullshit and the fact we were finally going home.

"That's cute." Mom says coming from out her room.

"It's for Rosalie." I say.

"Rosy!" Rosalie's Mom calls.

Rosalie comes flying downstairs and sees the collage. Her eyes light up and she walks straight to it.

"Oh, it's marvelous!" She yells clutching it.

"Wow, you had some nice friends."

"I won't see them again though." She says sadly

"We could visit."

We stay quiet, because we all know, none of us will.