The Victims

Echo, the Assassin Pov. Age 16

   I was getting back from a job, that fat pig of a mayor, had sent me on another. I wasn't going to do it though. I was going to escape, and find my friends. The Few, I had met them when I was still living in a house. A long time ago, before that rat ass landlord swindled us. I was going to find Kala, and have a girls day again! I was going to blow up all Castors chicken houses! I was going to finally fill my library of fanfics in the hall! You know I built the hall brick by brick, but I still got lost, I had no sense of direction when I wasn't hunting. I don't know how I even found my room in Asgard!

  Age 17

   "C'mere Echo, I know you're there." "Sweetie, you will be hurt less if you come back willingly!" I  sprinted out from behind the tree and head for the woods. The guards followed me. They had come prepared, they had lightning redirection armor. I was caught soon after. "Let me go!" I bit his hand, drawing a bit of blood. The Few were too far to save me, Mjolnir too! Sly was hurt, and it my fault! I was was dragged by my hair to that accursed man. My uncle...

    Present day Echo/Jess,

   They reflexively leaped away as soon as I told them the truth. I couldn't blame them. They looked at me with a mix of surprise, and fear. I hated them for it, but also loved them so much for not killing me on the spot. I would've done that...

  "I was sent on jobs by that damn mayor, those jobs were to assassinate enemy politicians. I have killed at least four hundred innocent lives. Three thousand if we are counting non innocents." I see Jin's hand unconsciously hover over the dagger I threw yesterday. I see everyone check that they had a weapon near, and scootch toward it. I knew this was going to happen, this is why I didn't even tell the Few. I notice Max had a bit of fire in his hand under the blanket.

  "And even that isn't the extent of it! I escaped once causing injury to one of my friends!" "Do you see why I don't deserve to live, let alone comfortably!?" I was about to continue when I saw Shelby run at me, I tried to block the blow I was expecting. I was having minor trauma from being beaten. But all she did was look at me pityingly, then she wrapped her arms around me. I panicked, checked her for daggers, and I pushed her away, I was one hundred percent sure she was trying to stab me!

   Max Pov. When Shelby went to give Jess a hug I saw her flinch, Jess thought Shubbs was going to hit her!? She raised her arm to block a punch that never was going to come. I felt like a thousand needles were poised at my heartstrings. I had never felt so bad in my life! Jess, the love of my life had been through so much that she expected one of her closest friends to hit her! If the mayor were alive right now he'd be in cinders! I'd cross the ends of the Earth in a heartbeat to murder this man! Jess pushed her away while looking scared for her life! Shelbs looked hurt, and I could tell Jess was regretting her decision. 

   "I-I'm sorry Shubbs, I n-need to go cool off." She announced softly. She sprinted for the woods, and we didn't stop her. After a minute, we came to the silent agreement to follow her. We found her in a large tree, clutching a blue crystal? She started to climb up, and I heard the most amazing thing in the world. She sung,