Soul Siblings

Shubbs Pov.

            A sob racks my body, shaking me to the core. I finally reach for the letter, gaining the courage.

           Shelby, My Soul Sister,

           I want to start by saying that I know what you're hiding. Your life in the underground, and your friend Cory. I know about your trip to Mt. Ebott. It isn't important how I know, but I found out. I don't care that you hid it from us, but do me a favor. Go see Cory. He's lost without you, his little pacifist, and yes he's alive. You know where he'd be. Just go visit him, not necessarily see him in a romantic way of course. Rolby forever! But I've never met Cory personally, maybe Corby is okay? Now that we're past that, time for the sentimental stuff. You were the sister I never knew I needed. A nice break from rationality. I think of you as someone I can't live without, fortunately that won't be a problem. I hope one day, we may be able to have a girls day again. Unlikely, seeing as you're immortal, and I'm dead at the time you read this. That sounds weird in a letter, doesn't it? Just out of place. Either way, I want you to know that you're a light in the darkness. A hope for the hopeless. Always be a fun, bubbly, and wonderful girl.

                   Jess

       Cory is alive?! I almost leap with joy, but remember what has happened. Jess is gone. I feel like it isn't true, like a bad dream. It just can't be real! I let another round of sobs out, and feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn to see Ross, he's crying too. I lean on his shoulder, and crumple into a ball. We stay like that until we exhaust ourselves from crying, and fall asleep. I'm too sad to blush. I know where Cory must be, if he's alive. I need to go back to the Underground.

     Ross Pov.

      I know Shelby will be a wreck so I place a hand on her shoulder. She snuggles up to me, and I read the letter while holding her.

      Ross,

      I've thought of you as a younger brother for awhile, and I hope you felt the same way. I apologize for the log incident, ya' know, knocking you out. Just one request, ask Shelby out already! You both are so into each other! Just know that she might not be telling the full truth about her past. Keep being Rossome. If I find out you never made a move on Shelbs, I will rain darkness upon you from the afterlife!

        Jess

         After I get over the tears, I consider what she said about Shelby. Not telling the full truth? I've known her for most of my life, so this must have happened before sixth grade. What is she hiding? I'm too tired to find out. Sleep engulfs me, both of us unconscious on the forest floor.