Our Story

Sly Pov.

     "Hello, I'm Sly, and these are my friends. We are looking for a friend of ours, she might go by Jess, or Aphmau." I explained to the blonde guard in the town called Phoenix Drop. He shook his head.

       "Never met anybody who goes by those names. Now leave." Even though he was hostile, I knew he was genuine. I turned around, and the others followed. I hear a faint beeping, and the others do too. We trace the sound to our comms. I lift mine to my ear, and hear a frantic sounding Jarvis.

       "Master Sly! The building is on fire!" I'm confused, he can put it out right?

        "Then activate the backup fire extinguishers." 

        "I can't! Someone with higher clearance than you has ordered me not too!" What?! There's someone with higher clearance than me!? How did this happen?! 

       "We'll be there immediately! Who was it?!" I see every one leaning in on the conversation, seeing as my communicator has better tech.

        "It was, /data error, name not found/!" How did this happen?! Jarvis doesn't malfunction! Everybody, including me had their suits on, and were flying so fast, towards the Hall. During the whole trip, Jarvis was trying to hint at the name, but no one got it. We had three hints. Missing, Master, and friend. He also insulted me, calling me a cheater, and a lowlife. I know what he's talking about. I regret the affair everyday. Eventually we tuned him out. When we arrived, the back of the Hall was ablaze! We easily put it out, being you know, superheroes, and all. I called Jarvis, and he was ranting at me! Everyone was shocked, he had never shown such extensive emotion.

     "How could you, Master Sly?! What did you do to her?! I'm ashamed to serve you! I didn't even know you were capable of doing that! How could you hurt Master /data not found/?!" Eventually he actually sobbed! He was making electricity go haywire, so I had to shut him off. The team was still mad at Kala, and I. They had never really forgiven us. I have never forgiven myself. It was a mistake, and karma is eating me alive. Losing the love of my life, my dulce rosa, Kala trying to get back in a relationship, Jarvis hating me, Jessie's room being burnt in the fire, all my fault! All my fault... Katz was inspecting the area for clues, and seems to have found one.

    "Hey! It's a voice recording!" He waves us over, and presses play. Making me remember everything I did to her. When I first saw her, I loved her. After that, we slowly grew into a romantic relationship, and I was the happiest man alive. But Kala loved me, and I cheated on Jess with her! I cleared my name in the papers, by claiming Jess, and I never dated. The truth came out, via Castor. When the recorder starts, I hear the love of my life, hating me for what I did.

I saved every letter you wrote me

From the moment I read them

I knew you were mine

You said you were mine

I thought you were mine

Do you know what Castor said

When we saw your first letter arrive?

He said

"Be careful with that one, love

He will do what it takes to survive."

You and your words flooded my senses

Your sentences left me defenseless

You built me palaces out of paragraphs

You built cathedrals

I'm re-reading the letters you wrote me

I'm searching and scanning for answers

In every line

For some kind of sign

And when you were mine

The world seemed to

Burn

Burn

You published the letters she wrote you

You told the whole world how you brought

This girl into our life

In clearing your name, you have ruined our lives

Do you know what Castor said

When he read what you'd done?

He said

"You have loved an Icarus

He has flown too close to the sun."

You and your words, obsessed with your legacy...

Your sentences border on senseless

And you are paranoid in every paragraph

How they perceive you

You, you, you...

I'm erasing myself from the narrative

Let future historians wonder how Aphmau

Reacted when you broke her heart

You have torn it all apart

I am watching it

Burn

Watching it burn

The world has no right to my heart

The world has no place in our lives

They don't get to know what I said

I'm burning the memories

Burning the letters that might have redeemed you

You forfeit all rights to my heart

You forfeit the place in my life

You sleep in your office instead

With only the memories

Of when you were mine

I hope that you burn

    "I know you're looking for me. You won't find me. I left Ru'an awhile ago. Enjoy the rest of your lives. Thanks for the memories. Oh, and don't bother asking the Seven for help finding me again. Echo knows what you did." I'm crying now, knowing that I'll never redeem myself. I'll never find her again. Unless I get Echo to spill. I want to see Jessie happy. Even if it's not with me. I'm going to get Echo to tell me. After a long debate, and an argument with Katz, and Steven, we agree to talk to Echo, nothing more.